Longest Running Cache?

eranou

Yes, I think it's fair to say that 'europe' is not in the UK either! ;)

The English one, View from Coombe Hill continues along quite nicely. Myself and JollyJax popped up there for a spot of maintenance last weekend, as we were in the area. Dan has adopted it, but I think all the local geocachers are proud of it and lovingly nurture it. It also contains a pair of binoculars for enjoying the view of Chequers, which seem to have been there since the beginning, without being nicked. Cool! ;)

Edited by Alibags
I was browsing through the numerous cache listings earlier and got to thinking - what was the first ever/longest standing cache placed through the Geocaching.com site both worldwide and in the UK?

I would think that the oldest active cache in the US may be the oldest active cache in the world. It is Mingo in Kansas, GC30

Just want to put in a mention of the first in Wales....which, strangely enough, is called The First in Wales GC2BA. We have a particular attachment to this one as it's at 520m on top of Blorenge, near Abergavenny, and it was the first geocache we ever found (May 04). It's was quite a tough challenge for a first search and we spent about 45 minutes scrambling over identical-looking piles of rock. Just at the point when we were thinking "This has to be one of the stupidest games ever thought up...it doesn't work..." we found it! Henceforth, we are The Blorenges. It was originally placed by "Glyndwyr" but I don't think he's around any more (Does anyone know of his whereabouts?) and it has now been adopted by The Gecko's.