Suggestions For Seattle Vacation Geocaching?

Nerves

I'll be in the Seattle area in October. Although I'll be with my really good friends, they're not into geocaching - can't imagine why?! Anyhoo, I'll be doing some caching on my own and want to find a few a day. Any suggestions for "must do this cache" in the area? Thanks in advance -

Edited by Nerves

This will undoubtedly be moved to the Northwest forum shortly, but as long as you're here, I'd recommend "Dead Doll Ditch." I haven't done it myself (a bit far from home), but several friends have and are encouraging me to make a trip all the way to Seattle. It's supposed to be *that* good.

This will undoubtedly be moved to the Northwest forum shortly, but as long as you're here, I'd recommend "Dead Doll Ditch." I haven't done it myself (a bit far from home), but several friends have and are encouraging me to make a trip all the way to Seattle. It's supposed to be *that* good.

Okay, thanks much. I will add this to my "geolist" which I will compile from now till October.

Check out this thread in the Northwest forums. Locals are posting links to their bookmark lists of favorite caches.

I have only one suggestion. Whidbey Island! Any cache there is worth the trip.

What a GREAT idea! I will bookmark this. Although I lived in Washington for some years many years ago - and, in really great places - Paradise, Mt. Rainier and Kalaloch near the Olympic National Park - I haven't geocached there. So, I'm really looking forward to this.

I'd also suggest Mission 9: Tunnel of Light, the Project APE cache about an hour east of Seattle.  You can add another unique icon to your profile but walking through the 2 mile tunnel to get there is worth the trip itself.

Thanks for the APE info. I checked this out and it looks good. We have a project APE cache on the East coast in Maryland which I have yet to visit. Unfortunately, I have to limit my caching to the immediate area between Federal Way and Seattle

;)

Edited by Nerves

After just returning from a day at Snoqualmie Pass I might mention that almost any cache in the Snoqualmite Pass area is a great one. From the parking lot east of the tunnel we went east today and hit six, soon to be seven, caches between there and the east end of the lake. There are also two in the lake itself which are reachable with the lake as low as it is. Do not let the T=5 scare you away from those. That terrain is for when the lake is full and it is a long ways from full.