Reviewer Note

rjt

It is there for the cache owner to give the reviewer additional information about the cache that may need t be considered for approval of the cache. Or to just beg for approval, or to tell the approver how great he/she is in the hope that it will get your cache approved faster.

Cheers

Muddler

It is there for the cache owner to give the reviewer additional information about the cache that may need t be considered for approval of the cache. Or to just beg for approval, or to tell the approver how great he/she is in the hope that it will get your cache approved faster.

Cheers

Muddler

That's prior to the cache being approved. After that, it's just like a note.

Use a reviewer note if there's some information you need to convey to the reviewer when they first see the cache page. If there's additional communication needed after that, it may be through either email, or reviewer notes. The reviewer should include contact instructions on the cache page.

Reviewer Notes, which have a Signal the Frog icon: big_smile.gif , are different from all other log types because they automatically get deleted when a cache is published.
except I keep seeing listings with the reviewer notes still on them - so far none with stage coords for multis, but eventually I expect I will. The first time it happened I figured I just happened to be the first person to view the page after approval and the note would disappear wheneve the page regenerated - but it took awhile.
Reviewer Notes, which have a Signal the Frog icon: big_smile.gif , are different from all other log types because they automatically get deleted when a cache is published.
except I keep seeing listings with the reviewer notes still on them - so far none with stage coords for multis, but eventually I expect I will. The first time it happened I figured I just happened to be the first person to view the page after approval and the note would disappear wheneve the page regenerated - but it took awhile.

Those would've been added by either a reviewer or a cache owner post-publication. For example, many volunteers use reviewer notes when placing a maintenance request log on a cache page. It helps identify the log as something official and out of the ordinary.

Those would've been added by either a reviewer or a cache owner post-publication..

Well actually, it can happen - that the original reviewer note pecked by the cache owner, expressly for only the eyes of the cache approver, can get left in for all the world to see when the cache goes live. Indeed, even for a puzzle cache - with the true coordinates there in neon lights. Ask me how I know... :laughing:

Edited to add:

Also, reviewer notes on a cache page can only be deleted by the reviewer. Cache owners cannot delete reviewer notes.

Hmmm... come to think of it, when it happened, I believe I was able to delete the errant note myself - albeit sadly, several hours after half the geocaching community had seen it...

Edited by globalgirl
I found that there is a "post reviewer note" in log page on my own cache.

Is it designed for cache owner talking to approver? or only used for approver when he approved and comment?

I don't know how to use it.

I used the Reviewer Note feature when I was placing a new cache that was very close to the 528-foot distance to another cache . . . however, there is a wash between that cache and my new one, and there is no road or trail to the other cache. You have to drive around some roads about two miles to get to the trailhead to the other cache.

Just in case the distance wasn't quite enough, I wanted them to know the facts of the topography in that area.

Also, reviewer notes on a cache page can only be deleted by the reviewer. Cache owners cannot delete reviewer notes.

I don't think that's correct. I've had regular notes (not reviewer notes) placed by reviewers, that I couldn't delete, and reviewer notes that I could delete. The "locking function" available to reviewers appears to be independent of the note type.