Personal Travel Bugs

Cal78

Depends on whether you wanted a virtual bug, or just a count of miles. I calculate about 80,000 miles from cache-to-cache for me since I started caching, there are undoubtedly folks who travel much, much more. Details in my profile.

My Silver Kahuna bug has 22592 miles on it right now. It's still on the move!

My personal bug (coin) was only started about 200 finds ago. It has 6133 miles at this time. I never did go back and drop it into every cache I've been to, and I got lazy and don't put it into every cache. Wonder how many miles I've gone to sign a piece of paper?

Edited by joefrog

First guy I thought of was WorldTraveler, but BlueDeuce already got him. My bug is just over 6,500mi, with no single jump longer that about 210mi. Missed my chance to really rack up, since I only thought to start tracking it after find #100, and I went to Seattle and back around #50-75, could have popped nearly 4,000mi right there.

My Silver Kahuna bug has 22592 miles on it right now. It's still on the move!

My personal bug (coin) was only started about 200 finds ago. It has 6133 miles at this time. I never did go back and drop it into every cache I've been to, and I got lazy and don't put it into every cache. Wonder how many miles I've gone to sign a piece of paper?

I back tracked all of my logs for my personal bug, only because I had less than 50 cache finds at the time. Was pretty easy to do. It would be harder to do now though. :blink:

First guy I thought of was WorldTraveler, but BlueDeuce already got him. My bug is just over 6,500mi, with no single jump longer that about 210mi. Missed my chance to really rack up, since I only thought to start tracking it after find #100, and I went to Seattle and back around #50-75, could have popped nearly 4,000mi right there.

So go back and backtrack those. It's not that hard. Write a note, backdate it on the cache page explaining what your doing to the cache owner. Then grab your bug backdated as well. You can go back and delete the backdated note on the cache as well.

You can also delete one of the two bug page log entries (you need to drop and pickup every time) to clean up your bug's web page a lot. As long as one entry is there the mileage is ok.

Only thing I've found so far is you can't drop anything in an earthcache, but you can do so in virtuals. I haven't done a locationless in years so I don't know about those.

You can also delete one of the two bug page log entries (you need to drop and pickup every time) to clean up your bug's web page a lot. As long as one entry is there the mileage is ok.

Only thing I've found so far is you can't drop anything in an earthcache, but you can do so in virtuals. I haven't done a locationless in years so I don't know about those.

You can't drop a bug in Webcam caches, Locationless caches, and now, apparently, Earthcaches.

While I agree with locationless caches, I disagree with webcams and earthcaches, since you have to go to a physical location to find those. Although, you also have to go to a physical location with a locationless, there's only one set point on the cache page and whoever sets it up could set it up in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.