Screen Protector

I'm on my third in less than two months. The first attempt to put one on my Garmin 60c was a disaster: bubble galore. They promptly sent me a second one with better installation instructions: put it in some water that has a few drops of shampoo or liquid soap. It worked like a charm: perfect fit, crystal clear. Alas, soon thereafter I took a good spill while running with the 60c and I got a nice scratch in the protector. They promptly sent me a third since the protectors have a lifetime warranty. When I removed the scratched protector, the 60c screen was unblemished so the protector did its job.

All in all, I endorse the company: they (he?) have excellent and prompt service.

I second the recommendation for the company. I had the same experience with my first installation attempt as GeoBobC

The company promptly sent me another protector.

I have that one installed now and it works and looks great.

I have it installed on my eTrex Legend. (Blue)

--Linc33

I've had mine for a couple months. Went on like a charm. I guess the right instructions were included with mine. It hasn't really been put to the test except that it is unfazed by being wiped with any kiknd of dirty cloth or hand. An encounter with a piece of concrete on the very edge proved that it can be scratched like other screen protectors.

I don't know if this was a mistake or just an attempt to build up good word of mouth, but there was a coupon with mine for a free watch face protector. I sent it in and soon received the little round one along with an extra free protector for my 60C.

I've got one on my Garmin Forerunner. It's pretty much as tough as they say it is. I've hit it with rocks, pens, keys, etc., and while the screen protector has gotten small scratches in it, they usually just buff out if you breathe on it and rub it. I liked it so much I got one for my iPod mini too (more of a runner than a geocacher these days). I love it though. Wouldn't hesitate to get another one when I get another GPS or anything with an LCD.

How does this stick on? Does it leave any sticky residue at all ? Is it easy to remove?

Thanks in advance.

From their web site FAQ

Q: Can I take the invisibleSHIELD off?

A: Yes, you can take the film off at any time. It won't damage your screen, and it won't leave a sticky adhesive behind, either. When taking the film off, we recommend doing it slowly and carefully. Do not try to jerk the film off quickly.

I just ordered one for my eXplorist based on the comments above and the lifetime warranty. If it is like the palm based protecters it uses the surface tension between the material and the screen to keep it in place. There may be a slight amount of adhesive involved, but not enough to damage your screen.

How does this stick on? Does it leave any sticky residue at all ? Is it easy to remove?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure if you were referring to my post or another's, but I'll respond. I haven't taken the screen protector off my GPSr yet, but there has never been any residue on my Palm when I swap them out. The side that sticks to the Palm (or in this case the GPSr) screen is a little sticky, but never had any residue problems.

I've taken the one off my ipod to repalce it. It leaves absolutely no residue. I have no idea how it works, because when you apply it the one side that touches the screen is a little sticky, as if it were adhesive, but when you pull it off, nothing is left there. I don't know if it has to do with the water you spray on it before you apply it or what, but there is some kind of adhesive on the film. I don't know how it works, but it does!

I was really impressed with how easy this went on. The other stuff

I had bought I had to fight with bubbles and it started to come up

only after a week. I used lots of water and a drop of soap (Saw the

soap suggestion on a message board) It floated on the screen into

position and I used a paper towel to wipe up the excess water as I

squeegee it out. No bubbles!! Unreal! It is setting now for an hour

as the instruction said to do. Even with it not dry you can hardly

see that it is even there! Now if it holds up like it says it will

I'll be a happy Geocacher!!

I just have to add in here... I got this for my GPS as I said above, but more recently I've got one for my cell phone, my watch, and my iPaq. They give you a volume discount if you email the guy first and tell him how much you're going to order. They're pretty good about working with you.

Just wanted to throw that in here.

Actually if you're getting lots of small bublles you're porbalby using too much soap (i've installed about 5 of these things. :mad: Pretty near an expert now.) The soap itself can cause bubbles that won't squeegee out as easily. I hardly use any soap, if any at all, when I put one on. If you need to pull it up, you can do it within the first hour or two but don't wait any longer than that... these things are supposed to stay on for good, so they're not meant to be pulled up and repositioned all the time.