White Jeep Tb

Momyar

Hello,

Groundspeak has already shipped Georgia's allotment of White Jeep Travel Bugs to the volunteer reviewers who live in your fine state. You should either check the GGA forum for information on distribution, or just watch for them in geocaches! Thanks for your interest.

the op never stated that he was from Georgia

and he was asking on how he could release the jeeps

not the reviewer that has them..

Clicking on their profile reveals the person is from GA. I also recognized the nick from local cache logs here :ph34r:

Most of the WJTBs were handed out at the June GGA Meeting held in Mcdonough (sp?), GA on June 11. There were also a batch mailed to the Savannah area geocachers, Rome area geocachers and finally, 12 were given to a user in Albany, GA (who attended the June meeting) to spread out in the Albany, Valdosta and Thomasville areas.

There is a "GeoBuddies" meeting today in the Valdosta area and as I understand it, there will be a few remaining WJTBs given out there.

If Momyar would like to be on the distribution list for NEXT year, 1st she/he would need to contact either Mtn Man or Erik (our local approvers and members of the GGA steering committee). 2nd tell them what part of the state she's in. And 3rd attend a GGA meeting. If she/he is in the Atl metro area, attending a meeting would be the way to get one. Metro area distribution has is handled at the monthly GGA meeting.

Georgia's WJTBs have all been handed out and have either been placed or are in the hands of area geocachers. So far the WJTBs seem to be picked up almost as quickly as they are placed.

To get on the GGA email newsletter list, visit www.ggaonline.org

Edited by AtlantaGal
If Momyar would like to be on the distribution list for NEXT year, 1st she/he would need to contact . . .

We've no way of knowing if the distribution of next year's Jeeps (if there are any) will be handled the same way as this year. The best way to have a good chance at getting on the "list" is to attend GGA meetings and get active in the organization.

The next scheduled GGA meeting nearest you is in August in Buford (Lake Lanier.) Come on out and join us, the topic of discussion will be snakes and wildlife. In the meantime come browse our forums to get to know us.

-Ed

Member GGA Steering Committee

How wild! I was just reading this thread the other day and someone logged one of the White Jeep Rubicon TBs into our first cache...YESTERDAY! Yaaaay! I feel so special (ok, so I'm easy to please). :P

Yep, they are definitely bigger then the last set of Yellow Jeep Wrangler TBs. This one is named Wesley. We didn't think it was fair moving him out of our own cache, to another one, so we left him there. We just left a note on our log saying we were only checking him out instead. What do you think? Is it fair to take a Jeep TB out of your own cache and move him to another one? Or should he be left for another cacher to find & relocate?

Chuckie -- get a freakin' clue.  Sometimes I wonder why I even *try* to be helpful in answering forum questions.

hum keystone I was never out to get you on anything...

I was just stating that the op was asking about how more people could get the jeeps

in there state, not only his....

Chuckie,

Go check a dictionary, look up "extrapolation" and then report your findings back to the group. Extrapolate from my post and answer the question for Oregon.

(While you're there, you might also look up some other words to learn their proper use. I love dictionaries, they're remarkably helpful resources.)

hum keystone I was never out to get you on anything...

I was just stating that the op was asking about how more people could get the jeeps in there state, not only his....

Well being a bystander, I didn't much like the tone of your message either.

I can honestly say that where momyar is located, they'd never get to distribute jeeps anyway. They're way too close to the metro area. Much easier to distribute them at the meetings. The jeeps get spread out that way. Momyar just needs to attend a meeting.

Edited for typos

Edited by AtlantaGal

I happen to know that at least one White Jeep TB will be up for grabs at the July GGA meeting. There may or may not be more.

As I read Keystone's note he stated that the Jeeps were distributed through the volunteer approvers. To me that seems applicable to all of them, not just the Georgia approvers. The approvers usually distribute them at events, etc. So if you want to be in a direct line you've gotta be an approver. And for that, please, don't even ask.

It's like asking the price of a Rolls Royce. If you have to ask, it ain't gonna happen.

The contest has 5 parts and the first part is almost over(July 1). I notice that the bugs are still being distributed -LOL. What I do see that I dont like is some cachers get a hold of a few bugs to be sent out and they hold on to one and log it in and out of every cache they visit. What I want to know is WHY? Logging it into or out of a cache does not enter you into the contest - a photo must be sent in AND there is only ONE entry per account. If everyone was to hold on to one of these bugs for themselves there would be no contest.

Couple of items.

I would like to know if there is anyway to do a search for Jeep TB only? I have a search but it calls out all TBs. To date, I have found 2 in caches only after going over a few pages of TBs looking for a white Jeep. I was glad to get one as I wanted to enter the contest.

On another note, I did log a Jeep in and out of two different caches. I took the Jeep from the Bay Area to Washington to drop it off but since I didnt have my contest picture, I brought it back with me, so I just logged it at the cache site. So there are sometimes reasons why it goes in and out of a cache.

Good Luck!

I can honestly say that where momyar is located, they'd never get to distribute jeeps anyway. They're way too close to the metro area. Much easier to distribute them at the meetings. The jeeps get spread out that way. Momyar just needs to attend a meeting.

Edited for typos

Well its the same here. being 99 miles or so from portland oregon and all.. in the town of astoria

i know the jeeps are out there and all, but i have not seen any come thru this area.

Having them released in metro areas is just fine and all, they just need to go out and get some of them out of the metro areas

If you want one out of the metro area, get off of the computer and drive 99 miles or so into the metro area and get one.

I've long since discovered that laziness is never a reward for anything.

i would go get the one as i stated but as my problem is (Lake) and (no boat)

and even if i did find it and got a jeep it will be about 2months till i can get to the internet to log it

(camping trip) don't want to mess up the logs by placing it in a cache and not logging it

if you know what i mean

Edited by Charles Iverson

Well I'v done it with my one of my tb's before as i was camping when i released it

and well some one took it from the cache before i could log it as being there.

And as the owner of it i could not do anything about it. but Write a note or grab it from the user that had it

or move it back to the last cache that it was in...

in the end i just wote a note on it that the bug was in that cache and i just did not get to log it.. to make every one happy

and i don't want to hang on to a tb for two months....

users already complain that people hang on to them too long as it is...

Edited by Charles Iverson

Well its the same here. being 99 miles or so from portland oregon and all.. in the town of astoria

i know the jeeps are out there and all, but i have not seen any come thru this area.

Having them released in metro areas is just fine and all, they just need to go out and get some of them out of the metro areas

Well Momyar is less than 30 miles from the metro area. Plus I know several cachers in the same area that typically place their Jeeps in Lake Lanier caches. So for this user, there's really no excuse except someone beat them to the cache.

As far as non-metro areas, I think Georgia's distribution covered all areas of the state within a 2 week period very well, with the exception of maybe the Augusta area. However, the SC folks usually do a decent job of getting them close to the state line so Augusta folks would have less than 20 miles to snag a jeep.

Since this thread began as a GA request, I don't see why you are not taking up your complaints with whomever is responsible for Oregon's distribution.

Oh and as an aside, 99 miles isn't that far to travel. We do that alot around here (ahem, GA) for daily caching trips. I'm sure there are Portland area cachers that do the same.

Wow! I'm not sure I should even post in this topic, but I, too, saw the OP question as being applicable to all states. While I'm sure the OP got good info for their state, if this thread was intended to be state-specific, it should be moved to the appropriate regional forum.

What troubles me more is the tone of a few posts. While

um keystone i think you want off topic?

i'd also like to be someone that has them to release them

was worded rather awkwardly, I think the replies that attacked this individual, such as:

Chuckie -- get a freakin' clue.

The gentleman's name is "Charles".

By the way, "meen" is not a recognized word in the english language.

How is picking apart someone's spelling or grammar either helpful or on topic?

At the risk of bringing forum ridicule down upon myself, I offer my opinion that the tone of some of these replies is outside the bounds of forum guidelines.

Mrs. Car54

P.S. I don't need the OP question answered as I know the answer for my state, but many others may not.

Please report me to Groundspeak by writing to appeals at geocaching dot com. Be sure to mention that it's *Charles.*

I'm rather tired of trying to help people and then being nitpicked by a teenager whose posts, taken in their entirety, are very much focused on the Groundspeak volunteer team. Perhaps that shows in my posts.

EDIT: I'm also rather tired of taking crap about toy jeeps. Perhaps I ought to be reporting some of the e-mail I've received. :anicute:

Edited by Keystone

Keystone,

It's the 20-80 rule. You hear from the 20% (or less) of the total population (GC Community), that are bored and take their misery out on public figures, such as yourself. Some (ACLU types) are quick to jump on the VOLUNTEERS (!!!) and forget someone or something got the VOLUNTEERS to the point of dismay. It's like being robbed and yelling at law enforcement when they show up.

Okay, I'm going back to my corner now. The meds are wearing off.

:anicute:

Keystone,

I agree...it seems to me that the forums often times attract those who

just want to stir up the mud over small issues.

To everyone else,

I only have one thing to say......

YOU want a white jeep TB in whatever state you are in? Get involved with

your local Geocaching group and you would know first hand where to get

one.

Once they are out in circulation, good luck, like everyone else!!

If you live out in the middle of nowhere, it is close to impossible to include

everyone unless you make the effort to go to the closest city with a

GC organization when they are offered.

OK, I am done now..quit hitting on the OP. He's just here to help.

After all, they are just toys...fun to find, but really no big deal!

To everyone else,

one.

Unsure if this is directed to me, but NO, I don't want a white jeep TB, YES I am involved with our local geocaching group and YES I placed the 2 I was given to distribute in 24 hrs for the 1st one and 3 days for the 2nd one.

Like a previous poster pointed out, I do understand that these folks are VOLUNTEERS. I simply wanted to state my opinion, which I will now reiterate: this thread got nasty early and there was no reason for it to do so.

Mrs. Car54

To everyone else,

one.

Unsure if this is directed to me, but NO, I don't want a white jeep TB, YES I am involved with our local geocaching group and YES I placed the 2 I was given to distribute in 24 hrs for the 1st one and 3 days for the 2nd one.

Like a previous poster pointed out, I do understand that these folks are VOLUNTEERS. I simply wanted to state my opinion, which I will now reiterate: this thread got nasty early and there was no reason for it to do so.

Mrs. Car54

Nah, I think that was a general "you" and not an individual "you".

That said, you've obviously not seen enough of Charles' post to understand the issue. I'm sure Keystone isn't the only one getting tired of him......

Oh, and sorta on topic, this year's distribution seemed much more "low key" than last year, I'm kinda suprised there haven't been more threads like this. Not even all the groups here in PA (I think we're creeping up on about a dozen now) knew how the bugs were being distributed this year.