White Jeep Travel Bugs

Keystone

I've received numerous inquiries about the distribution of White Jeep Travel Bugs. As I haven't had time to respond to all of the inquiries, I am posting here.

All the WJTB's for Western PA, West Virginia and Eastern Ohio are being shipped to me. It is a little different than last year because "some assembly is required." :( I have not received them yet, so I cannot hand them out yet.

After the Jeeps are received and processed, they'll be distributed in my home area (Southwest PA) and also to groups in Erie, Cleveland, Columbus and West Virginia/Southeast Ohio.

I've received numerous inquiries about the distribution of White Jeep Travel Bugs. As I haven't had time to respond to all of the inquiries, I am posting here.

All the WJTB's for Western PA, West Virginia and Eastern Ohio are being shipped to me. It is a little different than last year because "some assembly is required." :( I have not received them yet, so I cannot hand them out yet.

After the Jeeps are received and processed, they'll be distributed in my home area (Southwest PA) and also to groups in Erie, Cleveland, Columbus and West Virginia/Southeast Ohio.

No more Keystone Approver, your just Keystone? Like Just Prince?

The first WJTB drop in western Pennsylvania happened on Sunday afternoon. Little Leprechaun dropped White Jeep Travel Bug "Gay" in the Birding Creek cache, which is located in her favorite park. This 11 year old wrote both the cache log and the WJTB log herself. I wish more grownups could follow directions and write logs that well!

Now it will be fun to see how many Pittsburgh area cachers were late for work this morning. :D

I still haven't received my shipment of WJTB's for assembly. This first jeep came from GeoWoodstock.

I am the caretaker for a cache located on Lake Raystown, (Southcentral PA) called James' Cache, http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...3d-3e966ac8e085, waypoint GC9WD. I agreed to maintain this cache and at the time I had a boat in my possession. The boat was sold but recently I have been given the great pleasure of having another boat made accessible to me. While attending GW3, I picked up a White Jeep TB that I have placed in this cache, however, I will not be able to check on the cache until June 18 at which time I will either post that the cache is there or replace the cache. The Jeep currently appears on the cache page but will not actually be in the cache itself until sometime on the 18th of June for those interested in seeking the cache and Jeep.

The Jeep currently appears on the cache page but will not actually be in the cache itself until sometime on the 18th of June for those interested in seeking the cache and Jeep.

If the Jeep is not in the cache then you need to grab it back out before someone spends all the time and effort chasing after it. You should not log it as being somewhere if it is not there.

And someone working off a PQ from last week who doesn't have the up to date information or doesn't read all the logs prior to finding a cache will attempt a 4/5 cache based on your misinformation. Not everyone reads the logs from a cache before attempting it, and they shouldn't. If the page says it has a TB then it is expected that the cacher who placed it there truly did. The fact is the Jeep is not there, it is in your possession, therefore the logs should reflect the same. Why would you want to log the Jeep or any other TB into a cache when its not there. Thats not a very accurate position is it?

Keystone, looking for an update of the White Jeeps. Are they going to Trigo and is there a contact person who you have coordinated this with. (Would rather send questions to them than back to you all the time.) Any timeline when they are being released to the groups?

Hello everyone,

I arrived home on Monday to find many boxes of WJTB's sitting unguarded on my front porch. I immediately moved them indoors and put them into a guarded security vault.

On Tuesday and Wednesday evenings, I completed the process of preparing the WJTB's for distribution (about five hours of work by a team of 3 people). Arrangements are now being made for the Jeeps to be dispersed evenly throughout the territory for which I'm responsible.

And for all those posting and writing, no, I don't have any information on the distribution details for areas other than Eastern/Central Ohio, Western Pennsylvania and West Virginia.

Arrangements are now being made for the Jeeps to be dispersed evenly throughout the territory for which I'm responsible.

Are we to assume this means with the help of Trigo or you are taking this upon yourself to do? I wasn't real clear by your last post so forgive me for asking you to be more clear. Thank you.

I forgive you for asking me to be more clear.

I think I've been clearer than a number of other volunteers. (Witness the lack of threads discussing distribution plans for other regions.) Please be patient as the WJTB's find their way into the wild.

Once again, this thread is for WJTB distribution information in Western PA, Eastern Ohio and West Virginia ONLY. I have no information to share about New Jersey. Please do not post off topic.

ON TOPIC: I put a lot of miles on the car today. Large stockpiles of WJTB's are now in the hands of the NEOGeocachers (Cleveland area) and NWPA Geocachers (Erie PA area). In addition, temporary caches of WJTB's have been placed for pickup by volunteers in Butler, Allegheny and Westmoreland counties, with about 12 left over. Some I'll place myself and some will be given to one or two additional helpers.

The West Virginia WJTB's will be sent out by FedEx this coming week, so look for them in caches next weekend across the state!

Once again, this thread is for WJTB distribution information in Western PA, Eastern Ohio and West Virginia ONLY.  I have no information to share about New Jersey.  Please do not post off topic.

ON TOPIC:  I put a lot of miles on the car today.  Large stockpiles of WJTB's are now in the hands of the NEOGeocachers (Cleveland area) and NWPA Geocachers (Erie PA area).  In addition, temporary caches of WJTB's have been placed for pickup by volunteers in Butler, Allegheny and Westmoreland counties, with about 12 left over. Some I'll place myself and some will be given to one or two additional helpers.

The West Virginia WJTB's will be sent out by FedEx this coming week, so look for them in caches next weekend across the state!

Need any volunteers for westmoreland county?

Edit: serious typo

Edited by TeamK-9
ON TOPIC: I put a lot of miles on the car today. Large stockpiles of WJTB's are now in the hands of the NEOGeocachers (Cleveland area) and NWPA Geocachers (Erie PA area). In addition, temporary caches of WJTB's have been placed for pickup by volunteers in Butler, Allegheny and Westmoreland counties, with about 12 left over. Some I'll place myself and some will be given to one or two additional helpers.

If you need help spreading the love, let me know. I live in Allegheny, but am in Greene County a few times a week.