Whats Your Best Numbers

I did 4 caches with my 8 year old and logged 7.5 miles on the pedameter after breakfast and with lunch after the fun. I'm just curious, cause today I think my partner pushed it to the limit. We did a few hills (lite ones) and a couple of long paths. We love all our time together so its all good. I was just curious if somene has a kid thats like the energizer bunny like mine. She doesn't want to stop till she' s completely done caching or completly spent. (great kid btw) and may I add she can spot a cache from 10 feet without thinking about it. Sharp girl. Please dont get me wrong, its my daughter that want to keep going on to the nxt cache. Its just that today I think I found her limit. Proud Dad.

My wife and I did 8 in one day with a 1 3/4 year old. That wore all of us out. He walked much of the time - up on my shoulders the rest. Took about 7 hours and we walked around 5 miles. Lots of breaks for sippy cup, snacks, to look at animals and of course the occasional diaper change.

My wife and I did 8 in one day with a 1 3/4 year old. That wore all of us out. He walked much of the time - up on my shoulders the rest. Took about 7 hours and we walked around 5 miles. Lots of breaks for sippy cup, snacks, to look at animals and of course the occasional diaper change.

sounds like a great day ;)

I did 4 today with a 4 year-old and an 10 year-old. Also had 3 DIF. did not find/finish. Great day. Those DIF are really annoying, you do all the work and then some after you spend 15 to 20 min searching. Then you have to go back another day with the clue. I'll have to find a way to load those too:) I just upload my GPS with 200-300 local points, it's hard to have a paper copy on hand. When we get the urge, we start searching.

Edited by The C'kr

My 10 year old and I have done 14- most of those were on bikes, not sure of the mileage. He's had a few 20 or so find days, those being finding and then driving to the next cache. Not park & grabs tho, I'm talking short hikes of at least .1 miles and most probably .25 miles or more each way. For drive ups his best day was 104, 99 drive ups 2 events and a few regular hunts, that was a special circumstance tho. He did all those hunts when he was 9. Usually, he's got more energy at the end of the day than me. :lol:

On March 17 I found 7 caches with my 3 and 5 year old. On April 9 I found 5 with my 3,5 and 7 year old. One of those was a pretty steep rock climb(see my gallery) and a few were multis. It is A LOT!!! slower with the kids (especially getting out the door with empty bladders, something in their stomach and full water bottles and packed snacks, binoculars) but I have to go slow to let them rest and have LOTS of patience since as a stay at home mom I am the only adult there. It's now even slower because I have started letting them sign the physical log. We do try to check out all the neat rock formations, different types of mosses, animal tracks, insects and snakes to indentify. If I play my cards right this will be something we can do together for a long time. BTW they like the McToys but I have been trying to provide uptrades for the girls to leave in exchange.

All great replies, thanks. One thing a am greatful for is that she went with me on the first one and loves it as much as me. Now our motto is never give up. LOL Its her motto btw. She is the best partner I could imagine. (Dad you got the paperwork or palm, dad did you mark the car & dad dont forget the camera). We are planning a bunch when we go on vacation this year. I hope to break our personal best a few times if we plan it right. Have a great day :ph34r:

12 in a day over quite a distance (Zodiac quest in UK) with our three aged 10, 8 and 4 at the time. We also spent six hours trying for this cache which is quite extreme. Kids slept well after the 1000 foot scamble.

They enjoy it so much it is slower than going out without kids and is a bit like organising an expedition each day but we are out and about and walking rather than vegging in the house at weekends.

With a 2 year old, I think our top day was 7 or perhaps even 8 caches. Let me tell you, with a toddler along, 6 is a big day and reason for celebration. I prefer to do 2-4 with her along, since it really gives us a chance to stop and smell the flowers (with her, that is literal). Really, anymore, I don't plan for more than 4, although I'll get coordinates for 6-10 to do the four. If I do not like the way an area or park looks, then we will just bypass that cache. Yes, it is hard to be 90 feet or less from a cache driving by, but believe me, it actually can be done.

I am glad to read all the posts about folks doing 4-9 in a day max with a toddler or young one along. I live in a cache crazy area where folks will do 8 in an HOUR, and that is our top speed for a DAY with kids along. Not that I really CARED much about it, it is just nice to know there are other folks out there that plod along slowly, too. :P

Oh, and AMEN on the caching with kids is like planning for and conducting a major expedition! :o

Edited by Jeep_Dog

Some of Little Leprechaun's many geocaching accomplishments include finding 17 caches in one day during her spring break trip to Nebraska, finding 12 caches in four states all in one day (Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri and Iowa), and finding a 10-cache series with me in 75 minutes back home in Pennsylvania. I'm sure she could find more, but with me along to slow her down, it's difficult. :o

Normally we like to find just 1 to 5 caches in a day, but number runs are fun for her too, especially if there's other young geocachers along for the hunt.