San Diego Banter

TrailGators

What was I doing in the bushes? See Post 749 above.

So, did you get permission?

Actually, in that position, I was thinking of a different bodily function.

Experience shows that the Geobabes will grant permission to pee if and only if the quota for finds has been achieved during Wednesday outings. Otherwise one would be wise to strap on a "Trucker's Buddy."

The rule for a number-two is that it is permitted on any day of the week other than Wednesday. ... and "No whining from the back seat."

Geobabe outings not for seesies.

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies
The Creature from the Black Sandy Creek?  :lol:

Close but no cigar. It's a Geocacher that has done most of the Sandy Creek Cowboy caches and should be comfortable in the water.

fisnjack? :ph34r:

Yep, once again you score the first-to-identify (FTI). So that brings up the question "What became of the 'h' in "FishnJack?"

Edited by SD Rowdies
The Creature from the Black Sandy Creek?  :)

Close but no cigar. It's a Geocacher that has done most of the Sandy Creek Cowboy caches and should be comfortable in the water.

fisnjack? :lol:

Yep, once again you score the first-to-identify (FTI). So that brings up the question "What became of the 'h' in "FishnJack?"

I like to go fising! :ph34r: OK, let's play again! :(

"What became of the 'h' in "FishnJack?"

Since there are ten or twelve gazillion "fishnjacks" in the on-line world, he left the "h" out to have a unique screen name....

Dang! ... why didn't I think of that?

Next time I go to college I'm gonna be an attorney.

Harmon, there are a gazillion of those too so I think it is "atorney"! :unsure:

"What became of the 'h' in "FishnJack?"

Since there are ten or twelve gazillion "fishnjacks" in the on-line world, he left the "h" out to have a unique screen name....

Dang! ... why didn't I think of that?

Next time I go to college I'm gonna be an attorney.

Harmon, there are a gazillion of those too so I think it is "atorney"! :unsure:

Atorney? Tailators, yo'd ma.

Harmo

Edited by SD Rowdies
befc819d-45de-46d2-8ef1-632b101a0cf6.jpg

Let me see now, what next? O, somebody do a "Rocky Horror Picture Show" version. Ain't photography wonderful?

I love it!!!!!!! Thank you! :D You can do what you want to my innocent children but there will be no picture of mommy dramaqueen! :D

Ve know vere to find you!

Edited by SD Rowdies

Why I oughta …

Several days ago I was surprised to receive a well-intended email from Wiz Creations. He urged me to, shall we say, get up off of my sorry old rump to hike back up to “Nick’s Graffiti Rock Cache” in the scorching heat of our Santee summer and check on the cache so as to re-enable it. In truth there have been two or three no-finds reported and such an action was on my Geocaching game plan, you know, as we old folks often say, eventually.

He offered the view that since I was recently able and willing to score his MTRP “The Puzzle Without a Name” then surely my once-broken ankle must be well enough to climb another steep hill to check on a cache that he hadn’t been able to find. In my mind I could imagine a faint echo of his thoughts “What’s holdin’ you up old man?”

Can you imagine? Picture in your mind a seasoned old trooper such as I responding to a hustle from that young punk Wiz Creations? Why I oughta ….

b275094b-ab19-449e-b32f-353f1d5f2147.jpg

Trouble was that his hustle started working on my mind in the wee hours in that manly sort of way, you know, "Why I oughta show that kid what an old man can do." After three days of that thought messing with my rest I was ready to start swingin’ from vines. Yeah, I fell for it, and don’t y’all go rubbin’ it in y’ hear?

So one hot Santee day earlier this week I slipped into my best safari shorts, laced on my manly hiking boots, loaded two ammo’ cans with Geocrappola, and set out in Ruby May to take care of bidness at "Nick’s Graffiti/White Rock Cache." Figured that I’d have t’ replace Nick’s cache and while I was up that steep hill I might just as well set out a new one for Nick’s little sister Olivia. Off I went grinding up that steep hill with two ammo’ cans clunking together, my GPSr and camera pokin’ me in the side, and salty sweat streaming down my face and into my poor old eyes. Why I oughta ….

Well, wouldn’t you know that Nick’s cache container was right where we originally placed it. So what was all the DNF log-entry fuss about? Well, just maybe it was because a huge wood-rat nest completely fills the hidey hole now. It’s a marvelous wood-rat nest made of clean and neatly cut and placed sticks, twigs, and grass. If y’ ask me it’s really worth seeing. I left it as is.

So there I stood dripping sweat, roasting in the unbearable sun, and thinking about the reason that I’d just hauled my rump and two large ammo’ cans up a steep hill in hundred-degree heat on a poor old stiff ankle. Wiz Creations huh? Why I oughta ….

The rest of this story is too long to tell but involves placing two new caches higher up that STEEP trail, having only one of them approved, and returning up that STEEP hill to move an unapproved location just this morning. That darned ridgeline is piled with huge magma-bubble monoliths but container hidey-holes are mighty hard to come by. Now my arms are completely decorated with old-man bruises, cuts, and scrapes from inspecting dozens of poor locations. Why I oughta ....

Well the deed is done, now there are, count em, five Geocaches along that STEEP and lonely trail. One of the new caches has already been located as a FTF by that intrepid Cegrube guy. Beyond that I have undergone a week of the demanding exercise that my doctor ordered during my recent Kaiser health appraisal, and all of my manly outfits are piled in the laundry basket awaiting my attention. To top it all off I have suffered blast-furnace temperatures along that killer trail to check on a cache that in the end wasn’t missing at all. I’m lucky I didn’t die.

All this at the hand of Wiz Creations, that punk kid, why I oughta ....

Harmon,

What's left of me that is.

Did I mention a Wednesday outing with the Geobabes on top of all this trouble?

Edited by SD Rowdies

As a rule, I don't read long posts. Usually, they are boring accounts of occurrences about which I find it difficult to care, especially when they are filled with spelling and grammatical errors. Sometimes they are whiny tirades about not having a cache approved. These usually include the above mentioned errors. In fact, this post has just about reached my limit, so I'll just say, "Harmon, you write it. I'll read it." <_<

As a rule, I don't read long posts. Usually, they are boring accounts of occurrences about which I find it difficult to care, especially when they are filled with spelling and grammatical errors. Sometimes they are whiny tirades about not having a cache approved. These usually include the above mentioned errors. In fact, this post has just about reached my limit, so I'll just say, "Harmon, you write it. I'll read it."  <_<

Whew, you scared me. Nice tricky opening to your post and I do know what you mean about rambling posts. Now we wait and see how long it takes for Wiz to respond.

Also, thanks PassingWind, glad you enjoyed it too.

Edited by SD Rowdies
Well, wouldn’t you know that Nick’s cache container was right where we originally placed it. So what was all the DNF log-entry fuss about? Well, just maybe it was because a huge wood-rat nest completely fills the hidey hole now. It’s a marvelous wood-rat nest made of clean and neatly cut and placed sticks, twigs, and grass. If y’ ask me it’s really worth seeing. I left it as is.

Thanks for noticing our innate tidiness ...

2d97d22e-6508-4209-8926-c10a770a573b.jpg

Thanks for noticing our innate tidiness ...

2d97d22e-6508-4209-8926-c10a770a573b.jpg

Great photo Don. I was amazed at how organized and clean that nest is. Guess it seems that way because the bottom section of the nest is exposed in the container hidey hole.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Yeah, you little rat, I'll be right up after I rewrite my Last Will & Testament.

Thank's but no-thanks for the ants. I met each and every one of them twice while rooting around for a hidey hole during my FIRST and SECOND ascent of Santee's Mt. Everest.

Did I mention the horse flies? O boy do they like bloody arms.

Why I oughta ....

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies
First attempt at a couple of versions of a San Diego County Geocachers geocoin. Thanks to Jamey Ritter Designs! :laughing:

f7fd2ea8-19e9-4a8c-a1d8-b301394f206a.jpg

Harmon....we need your creative mind!! Why I oughta....... ;)

One often sees the California Tower of Balboa Park fame as a logo feature.

Using mission San Diego de Alcala is a good idea. I tend to favor just the bell tower section of the mission.

Let's see, another often-used theme is aviation as in the Spirit of St. Louis aircraft.

Certainly the surfer dude fits in well.

Not sure how to portray the San Diego budgetary crisis, maybe that Monopoly banker-guy with his pockets turned out.

Needs the sun for sunshine as you have already included.

Harmon

I'm not from San Diego but if I ever move away I'll remember the beautiful mountains, ocean, beaches and deserts. Since geocaching has more to do with hiking and trails than surfing, it makes sense to me to portray San Diego Geocaching with those elements.

By the way, another great story Harmon! :laughing:

Edited by TrailGators
First attempt at a couple of versions of a San Diego County Geocachers geocoin. Thanks to Jamey Ritter Designs! :laughing:

f7fd2ea8-19e9-4a8c-a1d8-b301394f206a.jpg

Harmon....we need your creative mind!! Why I oughta....... :laughing:

Very cool! I favor the Mission one, myself. But it would be sort of cool if there was a "misprint" like the YMS Cards with the Monopoly guy! That would get some attention!

That's odd. I can't edit my last post. I was going to wipe it out since I assummed the silence about my joke was not golden. I guess I was the only one that thought it was funny. I hate when that happens! :(

Anyhow, Harmon I think it's time to jump start this forum and have another photo lesson leading to some more creative photo phun! I know you'll ask me what I want to learn but I figured I'd let someone else chime in this time! :(