60c

I have heard that this is a problem with the 60 series. One thing I noticed is that the USB cable from my camera will work with my 60 CS, but it takes a little bit of force to insert the plug, while the Garmin USB cable plugs in easily.

I've had this exact same thing happen to my 60C. When I connect it to my PC via USB, I hear the "doo-DEE!" sound from Windows XP, which means my PC recognizes the USB driver connection. However, after a few seconds, the connection gets lost and I hear the "dee-DOO!" sound of the USB connection turning off (like my sound effects?). I have to wiggle the cable and the USB connector to get my PC to recognize the GPSr, and then quickly download or upload waypoints, maps, etc., before I get "dee-DOO'd".

I plan to contact Garmin about this (it's still under warranty), but I can't bear the thought of being away from my 60C. I'll have to use my backup GPSr (eTrex Legend) in the meantime.

Jim

The usb plug for the 60c and 60cs is a standard USB A-B Mini. found at most radio shacks and best buy stores about 5 bucks. Most digital cameras use the same plug.

I think it's great that Garmin used a standard usb plug on there color units. It's nice that you can get a cable just about anyplace for it.

I don't understand why all the gps units that use USB don't use a standard cable.

There had been times last year when we were out of town and i had my old Legend and the use of a computer, but forgot my cable at home.

That won't be a problem with my new Legend C being it has a direct USB connection. :P

Yes; I purchased a 60c when they were first available. I returned it to Garmin within the first three months because the USB connector worked loose. Garmin replaced the USB connector on the GPS and I have not had trouble with it since.

I had the same problem with my 60CS. Sent it to Garmin and had it back with in a week.