Mobile T B ??

gridlox

Is there such a thing?

Let me explain...

What I'm wanting to do is to make my vehicle a TB that others can log and get credit for.

One of the sign companies, that I design for, has just gotten a new large format digital printer. We have been doing test decals for vehicles to test the "true" outdoor lifespan of them with various types of UV resistant coatings and such.

This gave me a cool idea of taking a digital picture of one of my yet unactivated TB and enlarge it to make a decal to cover the tailgate of my vehicle.

And include the text "I'm a Mobile Travel Bug!! Log Me!!" around the outer edge.

Then when a geocacher spots it, they can record a waypoint where they spotted it and then log it when they get back to their computer.

I looked at my activated TB to see if I could do it, but I only see an option to leave a note, if you don't come to it from logging it into a cache.

Is it possible to get credit for it, if it's not already in a cache?

Or would you only be leaving a note that you found it, and not get a actual "Find" for the TB?

D-man :ph34r:

Edited by gridlox
What about "grab it" the person could either grab it from the last cacher, or, if you always grab it back, they can grab it from you.

They need to "grab it to get credit for it.

OK! :D

When I was looking at "my" personal TB, the "grab it" option wasn't available.

I just looked on the main TB page and click on one and see that option.

B)Maybe the text will need to be:

Across the topside - I'm A Mobile Travel Bug!

Across the bottomside - Grab Me!! Log Me!!

Then it will give finders a little help as what to do, if they aren't sure. :mad: Like I was. B)

For them to do that, you will also need to include the tracking number on the sign.

Yeah, I'd realized that already.

I was going to set the TB up so I could get a good clear image of the TB's tracking number.

Plus when it's blown up, you defiantely will be able to read it clear.

I think I might possibly be the owner of the worlds largest TB tag.

Tag it's self is going to be about 3 ft X 1.5 ft.

You'll have to be about blind to miss that!! B)

B):wub:B)

Since travel bugs travel from cache to cache and that is how they get logged and add up mileage, my suggestion is for you to make it a personal TB and just log it in and out of caches you visit and you can have people log it at events. Travel bugs are not logged waypoint to waypoint. Just cache to cache. Lots of people have personal travel bugs to keep track of their mileage.

Since travel bugs travel from cache to cache and that is how they get logged and add up mileage, my suggestion is for you to make it a personal TB and just log it in and out of caches you visit and you can have people log it at events. Travel bugs are not logged waypoint to waypoint. Just cache to cache. Lots of people have personal travel bugs to keep track of their mileage.

Here's mine.