Anyone Ever Get Attached To A Travel Bug?

bryanjena1

I think I have the record for the longest time possessing a travel bug....15 months. I picked it up in Lakeland, FL and managed to get it to North Carolina. The travel bug I am referring to is Nagoya.

Well, the day after I dropped off Nagoya (after 15 months, mind you), I proposed to my girlfriend. Its been 10 months since then, and I see that Nagoya has traveled quite a bit since I let it go.

I am getting married in a little over 2 months, and it would be cool to see that travel bug again to bring back memories of that awesome vacation to NC and the events of the subsequent day and to remind me of that magical summer.

Someday, I am going to find that bug and grab it again......someday.......

Edited by bryrisjs

And right about now Shades of Grey (that bug's owner) is probably turning all shades of white, or red! If you do ever pick up a travel bug again, just know that 15 months is way too long to hold onto a travel bug. I noticed you have been a cacher for quite some time and are not that active, so if you pick up a travel bug it's nice to try to have some plans to get out pretty soon after to drop it off again.

Groundspeak adds notices to your inventory list when you've had a bug for over two weeks as a reminder.

Congratulations on the proposal and the upcoming wedding. Best of luck to you. <_<

Well, my stuffed animal, Finley Dolphin, likes moose. I had to drive to Suffern, New York (Silence in Suffern, please) to rescue Moose on the Loose . Here is Finley's picture with Moose on the Loose: e027d1c3-91bc-468e-87e0-44fc292bb83c.jpg

Finley did not want to set Moose on the Loose free! I finally persuaded him that Moose would be happpier in New England. Though Moose seems to have moved to Texas. They have moose in Texas?!?

Edited by Harry Dolphin

My girls have fallen "in love" with 2 tb's we have found. One was called Froggy and the other was Fur Bug. Froggy got dropped off and then placed in a cache near us, so the girls we reunited with him. Fur Bug actually got lost in the house for a week because they were fighting over him.

I just wanted to add that we have never kept a bug longer than a month. And that was only because we were taking it to an event.

Edited by jamrasc

I got attached to one, called Ruff. But I only had him for a few months. While I had him though, he traveled quite a bit. I added around 6k miles to him. He went missing recently, but showed back up by some freak chance of luck this week. After he went missing, I emailed all the people that visited the cache (logged) in between the drop date and missing time. Maybe one of them got the hint and just "dropped" him in a box somewhere.

Either way, I think it's pretty easy to get attached to a TB.

I think I have the record for the longest time possessing a travel bug....15 months. I picked it up in Lakeland, FL and managed to get it to North Carolina. The travel bug I am referring to is Nagoya.

Someday, I am going to find that bug and grab it again......someday.......

I'm sure the owner is eager to have you pick it up again :huh: