Montana Cachers

The Band of Brothers

Lots of folks in Montana, most aren't online here much though. Keep an eye out for events this summer and in the fall. Great Falls has small group- GFGF. Missoula has the MOOG Group on Smartgroups.com (check out some of our caches for a link). Billings has a Yahoo group-bgcg. In Helena, Frogwarts and Bearfr run some pretty good events. Awesome folks. Looking forward to meeting you someday!

Jennifer of Jennifer&Dean- Missoula, MT.

Links:

Billings Geocachers

Missoula Organization of Geocachers

Great Falls Geocaching Fans

Edited by Jennifer&Dean

Well, I lived in Cut Bank for little over two months last summer with my folks. I'll be back in the area from time to time to fish and of course, cache! Got a couple of DNFs to fix down by Augusta. Some great caches over there for sure! I want to do the one Leonata did for her 1000th at some point. Forget it's name. Got some boxes hid up around Cut Bank and one along the Marias River.

Edited by evergreenhiker!

Hello! We are also in Great Falls and just started geocaching in April. I see you are a student - at UGF? I am retired AF and my husband is a paramedic. I signed up at the Great Falls Geocaching Fans site, but there doesn't seem to be much going on at that site. Hope you have as much fun as we are though!

Wildburg :)

I am very new to this. I am in the Bozeman area. I really haven't done any caching yet but I also need a GPS. I am thinking of using my TOPO map program to locate caches and try to find them that way. Someday I plan on getting a GPS unit. Not sure what to get yet and I don't have any money to spend on it right now. I do go out 4 wheeling in my Jeep and thought this would be fun to along with that. Hope to be out there soon.

I am very new to this.  I am in the Bozeman area.  I really haven't done any caching yet but I also need a GPS.  I am thinking of using my TOPO map program to locate caches and try to find them that way.  Someday I plan on getting a GPS unit.  Not sure what to get yet and I don't have any money to spend on it right now.  I do go out 4 wheeling in my Jeep and thought this would be fun to along with that.  Hope to be out there soon.

I'll bet that if you find some local cachers they would be more than willing to go out 4 wheeling with you and if you where especially nice to them they might even bring their GPSr's along.

Someday I plan on getting a GPS unit. Not sure what to get yet and I don't have any money to spend on it right now.

Check out your local pawnshops. That's where we found ours - a Garmin Legend for $60.00. If you find one that doesn't have the instruction manual, you can download one off their website. Have fun!

Kimberley at Wildburg :D

Hi - my son & I lived many years in NW Mt - from Silver Butte (Libby area - son born there) to Kalispell. Now living in Portland, Or, area. But - I come home 2 or 3 times a year, back to the Flathead, Silver Butte, friends, family..... Now that I'm totally hooked on this geocaching, it will be really fun to check out some caches this summer !

Silverwolfe :lol:

I am up in the Shelby, Toole county area. There are a few others up here...I am working hard at putting together some cache sites. Come on up if you get a chance and check out some of our sites. Calkan

My parents are in Cut Bank so I'll look forward to hitting your caches when I go up there later this summer wiht my girlfriend Inmywoods.