In The Doldrums

Oh I know how you feel. We're stuck on 70 and it's getting more and more of a struggle! I guess I should feel pleased about all the fresh air and great locations... But what can I say, I'm a numbers guy!

You'll just have to go camping somewhere with loads of caches 5 or 6 times. Or give up!

Cheers

Richard

I went through the same. Try to find some other cachers to go on the hunt with, even if they are not in your area. In the last few weeks I have found caches with Mongoose39uk , One4zorro, Pengy & Tigger, Cave Troll and Joan, The Haywood Hornet and others. This weekend I am meeting up with Pharisee for our 3rd caching trip in 5 months.

It’s made my caching loads more fun :anibad:

I went through a terrible patch there for the past three months... but like everything, given time, it'll come back.

What I would recommend is tackling a cache near somewhere you always wanted to go, or doing a really tough puzzle cache. The higher the sense of achievement, the more motivation you'll gain from it.

Don't worry, the addiction will return. :anibad:

Been stuck in the doldrums ever since - HELP!!

Well, maybe we can team up and get through your doldrums! Have you managed to sort out your pass to the Critical Mass bash? I'm expecting to be there - and we can't be too far apart, geographically...

Maybe an expedition is what you need!

Bob Aldridge

I think most people get a bit bored from time to time.

Like others have said, find someone to go caching with on an expedition over one day. The alternative is attend a geocaching meet. Lots of great, like minded people.

Iv'e never looked back after attending my first cache bash many years ago.

I think if you feel you belong to a part of something then the motivation comes easily.

Andrew

a house move has worked a treat for me!! two weeks away from caching while busy packing and unpacking and a move 25 miles has meant loads of new caches and older not yet done caches are available. bit extreme though!

pick a spot and go for the weekend, travelodges are quite cheap if you book them in advance. yeah you couldn't do it every week but as a treat....

Have a look at G:UK, there's loads of stats stuff on there, some of it may fire your imagination. Try clearing out your county, or getting your FTF count up, or doing a cache in as many counties as you can, try trigs for some variety.

I went through a patch like this late last year, oddly enough, not long after I passed 100. It went away and I'm running up to my 2nd 100 now.