Geocaching World Records

Like Noris McWerter, I'd like to know the following Geocache world records please:

• Who has the most finds?
  • Which is the most travelled Travel Bug?
  • Which cache has been found the most?
  • Who is the oldest Geocacher (OK, I admit this one might be trickier to attain!)?
  • What is the record for finds in one day?

My friend Anne D, thinks I'm a bit nerdie, so I thought I'd dazzle her with some stats!

Should point out that I'd like world records, not UK ones :lol:

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Jumbo Village

CC coper agency have done most.

But i believe they are a large collective who log under the same name.

So the records are a bit pointless.

Mileage for a TB will be something like the mobile army of chaos again as its one tracking number for multiple bugs the figure is meaningless.

In the USA they have power trails with easy caches every 0.1miles so hundreds in day is easily achievable especially if your team (see above) hits more than one power trail on a day so again a bit pointless.

The other ones are valid though :lol:

I think you're wrong about CCCooperAgency: although the name seems to suggest a team, this is the relevant section from the interview in Geocaching Today;

Is the CCCooperAgency a team or solo effort?

When we started, it was a fun thing to do with the family but now it has dwindled down to pretty much myself 99% of the time.  My husband and children usually only accompany me to geocaching events and local geocaches.  However, my older daughter who is 21 yrs. old and has her own account accompanies me on longer trips.

HH.

In the USA they have power trails with easy caches every 0.1miles so hundreds in day is easily achievable especially if your team (see above) hits more than one power trail on a day so again a bit pointless.

Yes, SOME places have such super high density.

Also, I think there are actually some people who find all their caches themselves.

Like CarleenP and The Leprechauns, who die 240 in 24hours!. One of the threads is here.

I think you're wrong about CCCooperAgency: although the name seems to suggest a team, this is the relevant section from the interview in Geocaching Today;

Is the CCCooperAgency a team or solo effort?

When we started, it was a fun thing to do with the family but now it has dwindled down to pretty much myself 99% of the time.  My husband and children usually only accompany me to geocaching events and local geocaches.  However, my older daughter who is 21 yrs. old and has her own account accompanies me on longer trips.

HH.

Something seems to be going on there. A couple of weeks ago she archived all her caches and replaced the photo on her profile page with what appears to be lyrics from a Christian rock group. However, CCCA continues to log several finds every day.

I don't know if pulling the caches was due to a bust-up with Groundspeak, or some religious experience. I did notice from some of her logs that she has strong religious views (see for example this one).

I guess - I don't know - that she has received criticism about the huge number of caches hidden. See comments on this one for instance (I've not been spending all evening looking through cache logs, by the way!). As for religion: a lot of people are strongly into that, and it's not unusual in the USA, I believe (I don't "believe" myself though!). I don't think it's reasonable to assume that the CCCA caches are being pulled due to any religious fervour. It's more likely due to some sort of petty criticism about cache maintenance and/or hogging all the area's prime hiding places...possibly you could find out by searching the forums.

Tha chances of logging 9000+ caches and not receiving flak are quite slim, I would venture - human nature being what it is. I hope she keeps logging the regular daily seventeen caches...

HH

There still seems to be a lot of CCCooperAgency caches out there. I guess when you have that many caches and are piqued it takes a long time to remove them all. ;) I think the overt religious thing is just one of those cultural differences between the UK and the US.

Has anyone else followed the link to CCCooperAgency profile and looked at her postings on the forums - one started on last New Year's Eve where she appealed for anyone to let her know if they had knowledge of her daughter's whereabouts after her disappearance. The thread has been viewed 11,349 times but as far as I can see no news as to what actually happened - anyone know? http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...topic=87358&hl=

Has anyone else followed the link to CCCooperAgency profile and looked at her postings on the forums - one started  on last New Year's Eve where she appealed for anyone to let her know if they had knowledge of her daughter's whereabouts after her disappearance.  The thread has been viewed 11,349 times but as far as I can see no news as to what actually happened - anyone know? http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...topic=87358&hl=

Looks like she didn't stay missing for long. This entry is from a forum on another board.

**UPDATE**

Lucy has called home so she is no longer missing. I don't know any other details besides that. I think that just knowing she is alive is good enough news.

Posted by Jonathan at January 1, 2005 02:04 AM

-

Edited by SlytherinAlex
I guess - I don't know - that she has received criticism about the huge number of caches hidden. See comments on this one for instance (I've not been spending all evening looking through cache logs, by the way!).

This one not far from me got some stick in the logs - check out Schnueffler's comment (although, he is quite well known for not being backward in coming forward if he doesn't like a cache).

Another record or a sign of the times - yesterday we had 45 new caches for review  :(

I'm pretty sure this is the most I've seen in a single day.

Its going to be a busy summer B)

No wonder GC.com was a little slow last night if you were reviewing approving all those new caches :wub:

[*]What is the record for finds in one day?

Just been smashed; the new record is 263, claimed by German cachers "geoPirat" and "Huskie", in Florida this weekend just gone.

I'm not surprised to see that this was done in Jacksonville - "where it's all about the numbers".

Having done 60+ caches there in under 4 hours last December, I know the form over there.

1) Get a local driver who knows the city and knows where the caches are.

If you get a good driver who is willing to play the game,they will go round in the week before the numbers run to make sure the caches you are going to hit are still there.

2) Pick the caches that have been specifically planted to aid "speed runs". There are many caches in Jacksonville hanging off tree branches that you don't even need to get out of the car to grab. Especially if your driver knows which tree it is and parks right next to it.

3) Don't put up with DNF. If the cache is lost or wet or damaged, replace it with a new one but don't forget to sign your name at the top of the new log.

4) Multiple caches close by? Send three people out to find one each and have everyone sign all three names in the log. I'm not saying that this happened on any particular occassion, but I know that it does happen. On my little numbers run, I was there at every cache and signed every log. But some didn't.

So 200 upwards is not that hard there. But they are "numbers men" and not afraid to say so [:blink:]

Also, the problem with records in geocaching is that it isn't a level playing field. 100m will always be 100m as far as an athletics world record is concerned but cache locations and numbers change all the time. So most in a day in the UK depends on how many caches there are. As more caches are placed, that sort of record will become easier to beat. Try doing 50 caches in a day when there are only 43 in the whole country. Aye, we had it 'ard in my day. :(

-