Private Message System, Do You Use It?

Deego

I was just wondering who use’s the PM system here on the forums. I use it a fair bit and always use the message tracker. However I find that most of the messages never get read. In fact, I have two that I sent yesterday that are still sitting there waiting to be read, even though the people concerned have posted since I sent them. (Maybe they don’t want to talk to me :D )

I believe that if you have a pop up blocker, you will not get notified of private messages, Unless you allow pop ups from http://forums.Groundspeak.com

The only lucky people that don’t get PM’s from me are Pengy & Tigger as you can not PM anyone with a & in their name :D

So if you have met me and you live in Staffordshire check to see if you have 1 new message in the top right corner :D

I was only trying to narrow it down :(

The two people I have sent a message to (as mentioned in the first post) live in the Staffordshire area and have both met me. I did not want all my caching friends up and down the country (and there are many :P:() all checking their message's

Sorry Mark :)

Sorry, didn't relaise the site had PM until recently, which is why I didn't spot it... :(

Another site I use frequently doesn't have PM so wasn't used to it.

The first time I used it was earlier this week when a member stated they had sent me a PM. Now I know about it properly, and will allow the forum pop-up I should spot them easier.

Matt

Edited by mattwaggie

Yes in the MY CONTROLS--->Email settings

tick the

Send a confirmation email when I receive a new private message

Enabling this option will send an email confirmation of any new private messages sent to you.

Edited by Deego

Well I never!

I had not realised that this even existed. I just checked and found that there were 3 messages for me that had been sent some time ago.

I must apoligise to the senders for not answering.

SORRY SORRY SORRY.

I think we need some warning if there is a message for one. Or is there?

i use them and change my name when i want to ignore deego :-)

i don't find it easy to use in the forums though as there doesn't seem (unless i'm missing it) a way to pm someone from the forum page (ie this one) directly. you have to go to your messages and by which time you've forgotten the spelling of the user you want to pm.

...and of course at the top of the page there is an indication of any new messages you may have waiting for you.

It is next to "My Controls" - to the RH end of the line that starts "Logged in as:"

<_< oh! yes never noticed that before will try to remember to look at that,thank's for pointing it out.

0 new messages

There's a little "PM" button at the bottom of every post. Takes you straight to a screen with the address prefilled.

(Down here)

|

|

|

\/

doh! <_< ERM.....think of an excuse for being daft.....errrr.

Oh yes - I hadn't had my coffee this morning and browse the forums with graphics turned off :-)

Actually i read the content and not look at the pictures!