Sloof Lirpa

I had a lot of fun reading the logs for Sloof Lirpa last year. I wish we could still see the cache page, it would be fun to read them again.

If I remember correctly, CarleenP was enjoying herself a little too much. I think she kept mentioning... beer.

Scoob

There's at least one in Oklahoma

I don't remember where this one was but I don't think it was in OK. I might have been down south. If memory serves, they had to archive the cache because it was placed on a railroad and derailed a train full of toxic chemicals. Very messy.

Scoob

I tried to commit geocide on the local email group first thing this morning.

After yet another screaming and yelling morning fight with my wife over my plans to geocache on my one day off this weekend I have realized that my participation has gotten out of control. Since I seem to not have any self control over my activity, the only solution I can come up with is to quit cold turkey effective immediately.

I will be retrieving all of my hidden caches first thing tomorrow morning and archiving them all. I am canceling my air and hotel reservations for GW3. I will be offering up for sale my GPS units to remove all temptation from my home-a 1 year old excellent conditions Garmin 60C complete with Mapsource v4 North America and Europe disc sets, a well used but still perfectly functional Garmin Yellow Etrex, and a never been used, still in the box Magellan Explorist 100. Email me directly to arrange purchase of any or all of these units if interested.

I have met some great people through my involvement with geocaching, and hope we can remain friends and do other things together besides stomping through the woods looking for tupperware and ammo cans.

Good Bye,

matt aka wimseyguy

I didn't get very far as the first reply (from a cacher I haven't even met yet, but have exchanged emails with) was: :P

Nice try Matt, you can't "Fool" me!  Handy Find
It has now developed into ;) :
This is truly a sad day. How about if we put out a series of webcam caches as a tribute to wimseyguy? The log requirement should be that you have to have your picture taken standing next to a

life-sized cut out of (smiling) wimseyguy. With a little work we can

get the wimseyguy gc.com account re-activated and have him logged on

all the finds to this series of inspirational webcam caches.

I guess my dislike of webcam caches is well known in these parts. :P

Maybe I should have practiced a little at RK's old thread before going public. :mad:

I had a lot of fun reading the logs for Sloof Lirpa last year. I wish we could still see the cache page, it would be fun to read them again.

If I remember correctly, CarleenP was enjoying herself a little too much. I think she kept mentioning... beer.

Scoob

Ah yes, the combo of pills and beer in Florida after falling down on train tracks looking for a cache. I remember it well (well only sort of.....). :mad: