Shropshire Camping Event Cache

Team Maddie UK and the Timelord are planning a weekend of caching and fun for the weekend of June 4-5. Campground is located near Rattling Hope in Shropshire with a pub nearby. You can get a day pass for a local bus service that can drop you near to local caches on the Long Mynd and other nearby areas. New caches as well as older ones are being planned as well as "Children only" caches. More details to follow on Cache page when it is up and running.

We would like to get an idea how many would be interested so that we might reserve the campground or at least part of it. Caravan facilities are also available.

Hope to have the cache page up and running by the end of the week.

Lynn, Martin & Jim

I assume you mean 'Ratlinghope' ?? Martin & Lynn :grin:

A very nice area...I worked in Burton-on-Trent for a year and also for two years in the Liverpool area....so I have a rough idea of what it is like :(

Angela has no idea when she will be taking her holidays this year so it is difficult for us to plan ahead with any certainty :rolleyes:

But if it should be possible we would certainly like to attend....though if possible we were hoping to spend a week on the IOM sometime this year so maybe we could have a go at some of your excellent caches either on the way down or coming home :( You never know we might even run into you both on a maintenance trip :D

Team Ullium.

Hy there Bill,

That would be great if you two could make it as well. And, of course if you are down this way let us know. We live only a couple of hundred yards from one of our caches so you could always drop in for wee dram or a beer or three :(

Martin & Lynn

Ah!!.... an offer I can't refuse :D:D:D

And maybe Lynn and I will get to finish that walk we promised each other last year....and let Martin and Angela rip ahead to get the drinks in ??? :rolleyes::(:grin:

Bill.

Since very few folks appear to be able to make this event we have decided to postpone it till later in the year. We're looking at three possible weekends.

27/28 August

3/4 September

or

17/18 Septhember

At the same location as mentioned at the top of this thread.

Could all interested please let us know your preference for dates and we'll plan on accomodating the majority.

Thanks,

Martin & Lynn