What Was The Hardest Cache You've Been To?

There is one that I didn't find and swore it wasn't there anymore.

Now I find out from more recent logs that it is in place.

I don't know when I'll go back since it is a long round trip drive, but I need to bag that one . . . except I really, really looked the first time. I'm worried I'll make that long drive and not find it the next time.

I have been to some pretty hard, or should I say tricky caches. The one that comes to mind is a multi cache name "D. E. Memorial Bridge" in Daytona Florida, it was a tricky one, it took me 4 times at the location and two hints from the owner before I found it. Has anyone had to make multiple visits or get hints to find a cache?

This one.

My toughest FIND so far was one called Rainbow Mist Escarpment, a single stage cache on a slope of slick leaves and loose soil on terrain that was often at 45 degrees with flowing water to greet an unfortunate slide to the bottom . . . so well hidden that it took quite a while scaling up/down/back & forth with a bouncing GPS signal to actually find it - I feel success came only because I was just too stubborn to cry 'uncle' & fortunate too. It's in Cary NC if you want to stab at it, try a dry day or you will experience slippery mud, as a bonus.

Edited by GRANPA ALEX