Does Your 60c Have A Belt Clip Plug?

BelleauWood

Hi all....I received my 60c today after upgrading from a Sportrak Map. Unit is really nice but I do have a question that is bothering me. On page 65 in the manual it shows a picture of a Belt Clip Plug that would cover the place where the belt clip knob would go. however, I did not receive a belt clip plug. Can anyone advise me if your 60c or 60cs came with one of these plugs.

Thanks for your replies.

I have both a 60C and a 60CS (both early models) and neither of them came with the belt clip plug that is pictured in the manual. I've always wondered if this plug even exists since this topic was brought up when the units were first released with people wondering if they got short-changed...

Just dug out the box my 60CS came in 6 months ago and it does have the clip in the box. The knob was already screwed on the back of the unit and went through a hole in the packaging and was secured on the other side by the push fit belt clip.

I am in the UK and don't know if this made any difference.

Mine was the same when it arrived. The knob/clip was used to secure it to the inside of the box. No plug.

Mrking check in the manual on page 65 under the title "Installing the belt clip and lanyard accessories"....there is a picture of the back of the unit and it shows the plug and says "remove belt clip plug".

Ummmm, you seem to think I wasn't looking at the manual when I typed my first post and was just making stuff up OR you think I am a complete moron and can't read your first post.

First off it is on page 67 in my manual, second of all I have the exact same manual that is posted online on the garmin site AND there is no reference to a BELT CLIP PLUG.

Why post this here anyway, talk to garmin if you want to know WTF is going on.

EDIT: Spelling

Edited by mrking

I've got to go with mrking on this. The manual I have says

Belt Clip Knob (unscrew to remove when not desired - retain this knob for use with accessories shown on this page)

The picture shows "plugs" which the manual calls "weather covers" for the external antenna, USB and serial port cover, but not for the belt clip attachment.

Ummmm, you seem to think I wasn't looking at the manual when I typed my first post and was just making stuff up OR you think I am a complete moron and can't read your first post.

I was is no way suggesting the above. If you would have came back on your 1st post and stated your picture was on page 67 in your manual and it's the same picture as the online manual I would have come to the conclusion that my manual must be older and you have the updated one.

I have both a 60C and a 60CS (both early models) and neither of them came with the belt clip plug that is pictured in the manual. I've always wondered if this plug even exists since this topic was brought up when the units were first released with people wondering if they got short-changed...

Some people agree.

Why post this here anyway, talk to garmin if you want to know WTF is going on.

I posted it here to get some responses to see if my package was missing the part. Your hostile reply serves no purpose here and was not appreciated.

My manual has the picture of the button plug. Is it possible that only the canadian ones have the wrong picture in their manual?...WTF...eh? Is it possible that there is a conspiracy to create anarchy because there is/is not a plug in the picture...WTF...eh? Is it possible that some people have way too much time on their hands concerning a missing plug...WTF...eh? How many Chevrons does it take to get a button plug from Garmin...WTF...eh? Are there coordinates for all of the Chevrons in canada...WTF...eh? These and many other questions must be addressed...WTF...eh?