An Island In The North Atlantic

I think it is Madeira, but others will correct me if I'm wrong, has a very large slice of a mountain precariously poised to fall into the North Atlantic. This is on the NW side of the island, and all the predictions are that when it does fall (which might be very soon) it will set up a "movement" in the sea. This "movement" will travel, unhindered, until it reaches the Eastern seabord of a certain large country. Devastation will occur on a similar basis to that seen recently. I would what Super Mod will say about that?

The island is La Palma in the Canaries and there's no doubt whatsoever that the side of the volcano will quite certainly slide into the sea very suddenly. What is not known or knowable is when the slip will happen. There was a little bit of movement few years ago, with part of the mountain moving about four metres downhill.

Mathematical models of the predicted event show that the resultant megaTsunami will hit the coast of the sunset side of the herring pond with a wave height of hundreds of metres and will penetrate several miles inland.

Edited by The Forester