Should/shouldn't?

SilverLynx

Geo-Noob here, still learning the ropes.

I was recently on a trip to western NY, and found a number of Caches out there. Later on, others visited the same sites and left TB's in them. I really wanted to bring at least one back with me to Connecticut, but they were placed after I had found the caches, so I left them alone. My question is:

Did I do the right thing, left them where they were? or

Since a travelbug's destiny is to travel, should I have picked one up and moved it another 450 miles and dropped it off in my state?

What would you do?

SilverLynx: Welcome!

- It's perfectly acceptable to return to a cache that you've already found to retrieve a travel bug from the cache. Just log the visit as a Note and not another Found It.

- If possible read about the TBs mission before retrieving it. If you can help it on its way then by all means return to the cache and pick it up.

- If you're out caching and you find a TB without a mission sheet or something indicating where it wants to travel then feel free to take it and move it along. Most TB owners are happy just to see that the TB is moving and not sitting around in a cache.

Have fun and as a TB owner thanks in advance if you ever get a chance to move one of mine :angry:

You could always leave some fun for others......no hard and fast rule on that, but some might think of it as hoarding..... :):blink::)

I hear you there.

There are so few caches in my area (walking distance - 8 miles) I would have only taken 1-2, but.....

I have my first 2 caches, ready to hide, sitting next to me here, just waiting for the weather to clear. I want to kick Connecticut in the butt, and get them caching!

I unfortunately cannot purchase Geo-coins or TB's online (no credit card) I'm gonna end up making my own and try to set up a tracking page.

Lynx

Harry Dolphin - If I'm ever in the NJ area, I'll pick 'em up, you can count on that!

Arkville - My wife has access to a 'Brass plate stamping thingy' which allows me 8 lines of 24 characters on steel or brass plates. I'm thinking of doing a 10 tag Beta-Bug and try tracking them on my own. If it works out, I'll mold my own coins (I'm thinking of calling them 'TraveLynx') I think that travel bugs that Groundspeak sell are great, and if they included a way to pay by money order, I'd be all over it. As for EBay, I'm leary about buying anything that requires a serial number or activation code from there. I realize that 99.9% of the dealers on their are legit, I just seem to get the cons. Plus I'm a hands on kinda guy!

Chstress - There's one coming up soon near my area, that I would love to go. I'll try, but not having a car kinda makes things a bit harder

Thanks for your replies! I appreciate it!

Lynx

Edited by SilverLynx