Caches In Nc

GeoLizz

GL-we are up to almost 2200 active caches instate. Are you just asking a general question, or looking for some suggestions for caches to send you to?

If it's the latter, please give some details on what you like, size, locations, multis etc.

I tend to like the harder multis myself: Tube Torcher/High Water/Swift Creek's Revenge/Wimberly Trek/EWFW just to name a few.

Ok, since the question has been posed, how about Caches in the high country, around Boone, Blowing Rock, Banner Elk, etc..........

Rusty, check out "Rough Ridge" GCKE8A. Just south of Boone/Blowing Rock via the Blue Ridge Parkway. Good hike to a very rugged and beautiful spot. Has a great view too. Another good one in the area is "Milton's Pair of Dice" GCK2YM. There are many others, but these two are very good. ojc

here are 3 that come to mind... If it returns, you should check out Carolina Coastal Challenge in Wilmington. (GC60C9) It's a fun cache but its currently on the DL. In Hickory, I enjoyed Cache Eater (a.k.a.) I love Micro's (CGK500), although afterwards you might not like Micros's - LOL! In Charlotte, Galaxy Cache (GCD506) I won't ruin the experience, but the location at the cache is nice!

Thanks Old Joe, sounds like two good ones. I don't know how much time I am going to have to do some serious hiking, though I would LOVE to in that part of the country, it is wonderful there, but the way it looks I am only going to have SaturDAY to cache, as my Friday and Sunday are booked at BMS.

Thanks again,

Cya on the trails,

Rusty

Hi Rusty,

We went camping last July 4th up near Spruce Pine. I didn't get to do near as many as I would have like to and didn't do any that were major physical challenges, but Cool Dip and Cave Too is a nice change of pace for a location. Mossy Rock was a nice location, although it was foggy as can be and rainy the day we were there.

We also wanted to do, which according to the logs is a great spot. But the wife and I got very sick the last day and it was all we could do to break camp and get home. Another intriguing looking one (I think it was disabled when we went camping) is Great Big Hole in the Enchanted Mountains.

Have fun up there. Looking forward to going back!