Unusual Cache Containers

crackerjack91

I found the coolest micro the other day. It was a mini container with pine cone bark hot glued all the way around to give it a true appearance of a pine cone. It was affixed to the tree by a magnet mounted at the top to green wire wrapped around the tree branch. If not for the green wire I would never have distinguished it from the natural surroundings.

Jason

AKA

Hebrew Hammer

:) Most of my first caches were "normal" containers. It wasn't until my wife, our middle daughter and I spent two hours looking for a cache that we realized how devious cachers could be. The cache was located in a natural wildlife refuge. The container was a section of a pine tree about 16" long. The large section of the bark had been peeled off and a large hole drilled in the side of the log for the container. The bark was then velcroed back on. The only way I found it was I looked at the end of the log when I picked it up and saw the velcro. Another neat one I found was down on our local river. It was at an old washed out bridge crossing. There are two wooden posts on either side of the road with blue reflectors on them. One of the reflectors was attached to a film canister lid with a hole drilled behind it to hold the canister. Sneaky...very sneaky. I have had a lot of positive feedback on one of my containers. It is a large wide mouth plastic instant tea bottle that I sprayed glue on and covered with dirt from the hole left by a fallen tree. The bottle blends in naturally with its surroundings. Hint: spray glue and attach sand in several layers to get a good coating. I did the same process with small rocks for a container I have hid in a hole in a rock face.

Happy Hunting....WARedBear

:lol: Most of my first caches were "normal" containers. It wasn't until my wife, our middle daughter and I spent two hours looking for a cache that we realized how devious cachers could be. The cache was located in a natural wildlife refuge. The container was a section of a pine tree about 16" long. The large section of the bark had been peeled off and a large hole drilled in the side of the log for the container. The bark was then velcroed back on. The only way I found it was I looked at the end of the log when I picked it up and saw the velcro. Another neat one I found was down on our local river. It was at an old washed out bridge crossing. There are two wooden posts on either side of the road with blue reflectors on them. One of the reflectors was attached to a film canister lid with a hole drilled behind it to hold the canister. Sneaky...very sneaky. I have had a lot of positive feedback on one of my containers. It is a large wide mouth plastic instant tea bottle that I sprayed glue on and covered with dirt from the hole left by a fallen tree. The bottle blends in naturally with its surroundings. Hint: spray glue and attach sand in several layers to get a good coating. I did the same process with small rocks for a container I have hid in a hole in a rock face.

Happy Hunting....WARedBear

What kind of glue, redbear?

One of my short cut caches (to a series final) is a acorn. I hollowed out an acorn and filled it with epoxy. Then I drilled it out to fit a dog collar I.D. container (Pet Smarts) that's 1/4 inches X 3/8 inches. I glued a magnet in the bottom of the hole. The container is attached to the acorn top. A small magnet attached to the bottom of the container holds it all together. Hang it on a low branch of an oak tree with a hook shape piece of wire. Very Vicious. The devil made me do it.

One of my short cut caches (to a series final) is a acorn. I hollowed out an acorn and filled it with epoxy. Then I drilled it out to fit a dog collar I.D. container (Pet Smarts) that's 1/4 inches X 3/8 inches. I glued a magnet in the bottom of the hole. The container is attached to the acorn top. A small magnet attached to the bottom of the container holds it all together. Hang it on a low branch of an oak tree with a hook shape piece of wire. Very Vicious. The devil made me do it.

Wow bored its late lets brouse the forums. I found this shortcut on my 8th try. It brought tears to my eyes when I found it. I would go by around 1130 pm every other day, the area where the cache was hidden is very hard to explain - an industrial area someplace you would NOT want to be in the dark by yourself (adds to the excitement). Goldsnoop's hides are great, this man has put a lot of effort into making this game fun for everyone in our area.

Shortcut link

Another nasty one Three Forts Cache

Another nasty one