Signature Cards

Madmack

Does anyone have a "template" that they use for making Signature cards. I tried to download one from Avery but I'm not very good at using it.

I want to make a card that has Clipart in the background and our team name and team members over the top of the clip art. Got any "idiot proof" ideas?

Madmack

Here's how I do it. I buy blank business cards by the sheet. Then using Word or MSWorks, get the template that matches the blanks.

The way I'm doing it now is add the clipart to each one and print. Then start with a blank and add the text and run the same one thru.

I'm still working on getting the text on the clipart. Haven't perfected it yet.

One thing I did notice. When printing, it's a good idea to run a regular sheet of paper thru to see if things match up. Mine didn't and I wasted a sheet of cards.

Good luck

I use CorelDraw. Make a double size card, design and print. Cut them out, fold in half, laminate - double-sided sig card!

I use normal paper, which, when doubled as described, makes for a thick enough 'card' for the laminater pocket.

I like the idea of a double-sided card, but had difficulty getting them to line up properly using pre-cut business card stock, hence the technique I use now.

Hope this helps.

MSWord has a template for business cards. Just go to TOOLS|ENVELOPES AND LABELS and select the labels tab, then OPTIONS and scroll down to Business Cards APLI-1612. If you use this template, print a few on plain paper before using an expensive sheet of cards. You can hold the printed sheet in front of a bright light, with a sheet of blank cards behind it to confirm alignment.

Pagemaker OR PrintShop are much better than a word-processing program for doing this.

Want your customer/geocacher-friend to keep the card rather than throwing it away? Print a 3-column heading on the back that says:

NAME................EMAIL ................PHONE

Edited by valleyrat

Mine is an image I did in Microsoft Image Composer. I then placed it in a text box as a background while in Header/Footer mode in Word so that I could cause it to print over the edges to get that edge-to-edge printing of the picutre that I used.

Here are two examples:

This is the latest one I'm dropping in caches.

TLnSnickersSignatureCardlores.jpg

This is the first one I made and retired when I started distributing the other one.

TotemLake.jpg

I make mine on cardstock and use Microsoft Publisher to set up my own template. Instead of using business cards I went a little bigger and made mine the size of trading cards (baseball cards). I get 8 per sheet.

The front side is in color and has my picture s and the "Geocacher-U" logo and link. The back side is black and white and has my "stats"

I also attach one of my signature lighthouse lapel pins to each card then seal them up in small ziplock baggies.

Bret