Spooky Caches

Sparticus

Iv'e done a few of Dan and Pids Night caches, which were quite spooky.

Today however I went to place a cache near a deserted church for the night hawks to get when a few strange things happened to me.

I won't go into detail here as the cache hasn't been approved yet. All I will say is that I hope the cache doesn't get muggled as I don't want to go back and do maintanance visits. It scared the life out of me.

I saw something which didn't spook me at first, but when I got home and downloaded my pictures i had captured a mist, which wasn't there when i took the shot. I took two photos within 5 to 10 seconds of each other and the second one was normal.

I don't know how to download images here so you'll have to wait for the cache to be approved before seeing them.

Anybody else have any strange or interesting stories regarding the paranormal whilst caching?

Its not happened to me whilst caching, but I've had loads of experience of spooky mist like apparitions appearing in photos Ive taken while exploring spooky locations (us Cryptik Souls enjoy a bit of urban exploration...)

I wouldnt worry, we have never experienced the paranormal in any form of manifestation, and there are many factors which can cause strange effects in photos (try taking some shots in drizzle at dusk with the flash on, check out the eerie orbs!)

I had considered placing a cache there Sparticus, but after a bit of investigation of the site I decided not to go ahead. The place is watched by the locals because of the alleged satanic rituals and other activities there and as you can see by the vandalism it has suffered a lot in recent years.

The cemetery is still used for burials and gets quite a few visitors.

If you do go there remember it is still a church, whatever its state, be discrete and respectful.

Could it perhaps have been very cold where you were planting? Because possibly you've caught your breath as you exhaled, sounds stupid but it happened to me when I took a pic inside the Canadian Red Cross memorial hospital ruins, home of the cryptic souls crews first decaying hospital cache which is now archived. Check out this pic, looks a little creepy at first but it was just me!

h10.JPG

1c738106-37ac-48d5-9c74-65bee14c28fd.jpg

Could it perhaps have been very cold where you were planting? Because possibly you've caught your breath as you exhaled, sounds stupid but it happened to me when I took a pic inside the Canadian Red Cross memorial hospital ruins, home of the cryptic souls crews first decaying hospital cache which is now archived. Check out this pic, looks a little creepy at first but it was just me!

It certainly wasn't cold enough for my breath. It doesn't explain where the man went either.

Edited by Sparticus

I am definatly going to this cache asap. It looks wicked.

The foto is a bit dodgy, but there are so many plausible explanations to it that you can't say its definatly spooky.

I'm more liking the thought of the bloke that disapeared! Now that is class.

I'd have hung around til he showed his mug again and asked him a few question "Most Haunted" style.

I think all the people up for it, probably just (Dan, Me and Crytik Souls Crew) should go there at Midnight dressed in all black so noone can see us without torches to do this one. :lol: I'm well up4 some paranormal caching, its about time I saw a ghost, its been nearly 3 years of waiting! :D

I'd be up for a spot of spooky caching! Sounds like fun. If you want to look at similar spooky photos (ghostly mists etc) then check out this link, but I have to say I think most such pictures have a photographic rather than paranormal explanation.

However, I am not at all skeptical, my modern 1980s flat has it's own ghost, which I haven't experienced for ages, and never actually saw, but several guests have done so, and mostly without knowing anything about it in advance. Tell you all about it over beers. Not at all spooky though (to me anyhow).

I'm more liking the thought of the bloke that disapeared! Now that is class.

I'd have hung around til he showed his mug again and asked him a few question "Most Haunted" style.

I don't think that is an option Pid. Having been there in the circumstances I think most normal people would have legged it.

Reading on my return home (I promise I knew nothing about this before my visit) It turns out that several investigations into the paranormal have happened here.

One revealed that a soldier is buried here that was run through with a sword. It also turns out that during the plague the church was used as a mortuary for all the dead local villagers.

The more I read the more I don't want to go back.

For those interested who want more details, do an internet search for Skidbrooke church.