London Get-together On 11th November

Guys, as some of you know, we're planning a get-together for all London folk (or anyone that's around really :huh: ). Details are here:

London Geocacheter Get Together!

The event is in the 16th Century Pub virtual cache, so you'll get two finds just for showing up!

Anyhow, let me know via the submission link on the event if you're coming, and I can ensure there's enough room for us!

Cheers

Richard

Thanks for the great evening. I must admit I was nervous, assuming that most people would know each other. Turns out the balance was about right, enough people were 'old hands' to make sure the atmosphere was lively. But also enough of us first timers to meet people we had only seen on the forum.

Great to put names to faces.

The geocaching arm of the Special Branch will stay in the memory forever.

My snapshots are here.

Mail me through the website if you would like to identify yourself and have your name added to the caption.

We were not able to get there this time round but, as ex-Londoners, Sue & I would be keen to get in on the next time round - where do you flag up these meets?

We've also seen both our youngsters re-locate down to the Greenwich area, so that's our crash-pad sorted out!

Strange how things go round, we've slowly drifted out of the Smoke and into the Sticks and as soon as they can - the kids flock back to our stomping ground. Weird or what?

...next time round - when we spot the event.

Edited by Sue & Bernie
We were not able to get there this time round but, as ex-Londoners, Sue & I would be keen to get in on the next time round - where do you flag up these meets?

That was the first one, so no regular pattern. It was a discussion thread here, then Richard created it as an 'event cache' so it appears on the front page of geocache.com in the events diary (you need to scroll down for that).

I then picked it up as it appears as a new cache, and I have pocket query set to flag up new caches that appear in certain areas, London being one of them.

I would guess that Richard built up a mailing list of those that attended, as he was brilliant at sending reminders and had also printed out a checklist of people that had 'booked'. He had also tried to find pictures of the people from profiles and galleries. Some of them were clearly more difficult to find than others :blink:

So, although I'm not assuming that Richard organises the next one, using any mail list he has built would be a great starting point and I am suggesting that your name could be added to make sure you get the message.

(All that of course is just hints and suggestions, I hope some one reads this and picks up on it)