Geocacher's Day Out - Embra

marmal

Don't tell me that Angela and myself are going to be the only ones who are walking from Balerno to Leith on Saturday ??

Aye, and some of us are going in to nip in and claim the prize after just grabbing the one cache left on their list. What's your ETA at the pub Bill? I think you'll need a pint.

Aye, and some of us are going in to nip in and claim the prize after just grabbing the one cache left on their list. What's your ETA at the pub Bill? I think you'll need a pint.

:o Well, Pooter won't be able to claim the event cache then, which necessitates walking (or cycling) the whole walkway. :D

Edited by Firth of Forth
What's your ETA at the pub Bill? I think you'll need a pint.

Not much of a beer man myself Pooter ... but if there was a wee Glenfarclas waiting for me at the end !!!!!! :lol:

Mark you by the time I have walked 12+ miles it might be an ambulance waiting for me :o:D:lol:

I haven't really a clue what my ETA will be as there might be some imponderables such as how much time it will take me to wait around for a muggle free opportunity to go after the two caches I have outstanding....also I will definitely be stopping off for a bite to eat...at least once...maybe more :D Having looked at you and FFB I have a lot of catching up to do :lol:

Mark you... having seen the breadth of your shoulders you could probably give me a coal carry the whole way from Balerno to Leith :lol:

Ullium

I haven't really a clue what my ETA will be as there might be some imponderables such as how much time it will take me to wait around for a muggle free opportunity to go after the two caches I have outstanding....also I will definitely be stopping off for a bite to eat...at least once...maybe more  :D  Having looked at you and FFB I have a lot of catching up to do  :o

Gonnae geuz abrek here pal ..am no even gaun tae yon posy chukie embra swalley an thur beer is bouwfin onyways…. ever been tae Murrayfield ? yons a right dooner ! Aye right …

an anither thing twa or mair paunds helps you keep yur hair on an stoaps ye frae gettin auld an crabbie

so awa and stick yur GPS whaur the sun isnie shinin

Gonnae geuz abrek here pal ..am no even gaun tae yon posy chukie embra swalley an thur beer is bouwfin onyways…. ever been tae Murrayfield ? yons a right dooner ! Aye right …

an anither thing twa or mair paunds helps you keep yur hair on an stoaps ye frae gettin auld an crabbie

so awa and stick yur GPS whaur the sun isnie shinin

Sorry FFB no disrespect meant :lol: I was just pointing out that I could do with a bit of feeding up :lol::o:D

And the way my GPSr's been acting up lately FFB I think I need to stick it somewhere :D

Anyway...not that I know much about beer...but surely they sell the same beer in Edinburgh as they do in Ayrshire ??

Come on.....join us all in a wee walk through Edinburgh....you can miss one day fishing!!

Ullium.

What time are you aiming to start Perth Pathfinders??

Angela and I were thinking about 9.30am at Balerno to give us a bit of time for meal stops etc!!

Also, we walkers don't stand much of a chance against the cyclists in nailing the first to log :rolleyes:B)B)

In fact I don't stand much of chance up against some of the cyclists even if they were walking B)B):lol:

Ullium.

this event turned out to be a success.

So many thanks go to Marmal, for organising it.

Seconded. It was a great day, and even though I was just watching others doing the caching, I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Can anyone elighten me about this statement: I'm confused as I thought the next Scottish cache bash in May 2005 was going to be in the far northeast.

Please pencil into your diary the weekend of May28/29 2005 for a great bash in central Scotland; details to follow. You'll love it!

Edited by Firth of Forth
Although I didn't make the walk I did get to the pub.

Right then, this forum thread has got far too cosy an' all.

Time for a reet guid slaggin' to start.....

It was all the better for not seeing you out cachin' for a start. Stay in bed the next time!

And as for all those other folk who really spoiled the day by turning up......

So grudgingly, I'd better say - Thanks to Marmal and everybody else. When's the next one - not too soon, I need to think of some abuse first.

Can I add my thanks to everyone else's Marmal :lol:

Angela and I had a great day...and everything we set out to accomplish we achieved....except for one small detail :lol:

So when the steward's enquiry over the validity of a certain cacher's FTF claim is set up...I wonder if you would consider including me on the commitee??

Also I have some innovative ideas on how the dope test should be conducted :rolleyes:

Ullium.

Although I didn't make the walk I did get to the pub.

It was all the better for not seeing you out cachin' for a start. Stay in bed the next time!

Well, if that is the sort of response I am going to get after doing a 10 hour night shift having 3 hours sleep, then feeling that it was important to at least be seen coming down to meet people, before having to go home to sort myself out for another 10 hour night shift. I think I will stay in my bed.:D:)

However Nick, I don't hold grudges and I have gone to the effort of looking up this fabulous peace of equipment for your next days caching. :D:D

Can I add my thanks to everyone else's Marmal :D

Angela and I had a great day...and everything we set out to accomplish we achieved....except for one small detail :D

So when the steward's enquiry over the validity of a certain cacher's FTF claim is set up...I wonder if you would consider including me on the commitee??

Also I have some innovative ideas on how the dope test should be conducted :D

Ullium.

The Steward's enquiry is apparently under way.

So far they have managed to find out that Ullium had sent the said cacher an email, at least 4 days before the event pointing out that the River Rubbings URL link was having problems. The said cacher, kindly informed Ullium, all about the cache. The following details where passed onto Ullium -

1. It will become live 2 days before the event.

2. That you have to get a brass plaques along the river, to find the final co-ordinates.

Ullium was said to be deeply appreciative for the information and was going to pick up a brass rubbing book from the visitor centre, 3 days before the event, which was 1 day before the cache went live.

Now on the day the cache went live 2 days before the event, the said cacher could have easily gone to get this cache as he had all the information already. That's right he already had the information as he had just finished getting all of the rubbings himself, that day. Alas he decided that this would be unsportsmanship like and waited until the day of the event.

It has also came to light that on the day of the event, Ullium called the said cacher on his mobile, (Angela must have put the number in for him!) to ask the where-abouts of one of the plaques. It must be said at this point he didn't need this plaque for the cache. The said cacher informed him that the plaque had been muggled, during a pre-geocaching life. Yet again Ullium was appreciative for this information. during the same phone call it was discussed about the meeting time at the public house and Ullium was informed that he was going to the final location to find the cache. Ullium kindly signed off by saying see you later The Said Cacher.

Ullium did however call the said cacher again in the day just to inform him that he thought it was The Perth Pathfinders he was calling. It is obvious that Angela must have been otherwise engaged and he attempted to use the telephone himself.

With this information the enquiry has decided in Ullium's absence that it was his own fault for not getting FTF, as he had ample opportunity (4 days to be exact) to gather the information and get to the final location.

The said cacher had left ample opportunity for someone else to get the FTF (2 days to be exact) and deserves the recognition and the nice little laminated FTF Certificate that was waiting for him to collect.

Enquiry Closed

:):D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I think you two would be better off sorting this out with pistols, or should that be handbags, at dawn!

Thanks marmal for a most enjoyable day cycling backwards and forwards across Edinburgh! Great fun hurtling about on the MTB and I didn't hit a single ped! Nick and I worked well as a team despite being put to shame more than once by Sally's team of beginnners! It wasn't that ardous a day to warrant Nick kissing the pavement outside the PH although he would have been better off getting off his MTB first!

Thanks for your company Nick. See you all again soon!

HH said (the middle bit cut to save space!):-

The Steward's enquiry is apparently under ...... and the nice little laminated FTF Certificate that was waiting for him to collect.

The unfortunate thing is most of that is true :D

Especially the bit about the mobile phone....even Sky movies has written to Angela and instructed her to take the remote to work with her in the morning to save them the considerable inconvenience of having to refund her all the movies I have inadvertantly and mistakenly ordered....consequently I have been banned from using the remote....hopefully she won't read HH's latest relevations or I will be phoneless too :D:):D

"nice little laminated FTF Certificate" eh!? I will make one up for myself which say's "The Real & Valid & Very Hard Worked for FTF" :D:D:D

Ullium.

Boys!! Boys!! You are so competitive! Now I didn't hear Angela complaining, and she found it after all!

Quite right FoF :D ...and in case no one has noticed I've never took credit for any of Angela's finds...but it is a partnership...and I feel no shame in claiming credit for Angela's finds and of course vise versa :D

Ah! Pyoung1s....Angela and I had already been searching for some considerable time before you arrived with Nick ... and let's face it if we hadn't been there you really don't know if you would even have found it??? Agreed???

But being a gracious type of person ... of course I will add your name and Nick's to my special FTF certificate :D

Something like 'oh yeh!, Pyoung1s and Highland Nick were there.... looking completely lost!' :):D:D

Pre-orders will be taken for this very limited edition...and prospective purchasers are advised to take out a loan against their properties as the purchase price could be quite prohibitive....but in defence of the cost ... let me say you will be obtaining a valuable asset which can be passed down from father to son...mother to daughter...down through the future generations of your family!!

To be treasured and savoured!!

Ullium.

Thankyou marmal and everyone else involved in the setting up, hiding of caches, organisation blah blah for a great TWO day event !

Luckily I have nothing to contribute to the great FTF River Rubbings debate, but I did wonder if Ullium remembered to get his MEDAL for doing the rubbings! Surely this fine piece of bronzework more than makes up for not getting a certificate?!

OK don't laugh Allieballie :)

I was in Edinburgh today but seeing that I took most of my rubbings in the wrong bleeding pages...I was too ashamed to submit it :(:P:(

When you're either bent double or down on your hands and knees looking a right plonker....selecting the correct page for the rubbings is secondary consideration ... believe me ;):):P

Ullium.