Geocoins

Only the US Geocoins are actually trackable on GC.com (I think!) and have their own icon. Anything which is tracked on another site will not show up on your profile on here. From what I've read on the US forums, they drew the line at US geocoins as they didn't want to have to have loads of different icons for different coins.

T

I found a Canadian Geocoin. It also had a conventional TB tag. Logged TB as normal and Geocoin on Candian site and no icon appeared but did get credit for the TB as you would expect. It does appear that only American Geocoins are linked to GC.com database.

I found Jeep Travel Bug :o and logged this in the usual way and a jeep icon appeared in my stats page.

If you look at the icon on the full cache page (while the jeep is still there)GC6455 it comes up as a standard TB icon

However, go to main GC home page, use advanced search and search by keyword 'Barrel Maker' and you will get a list of caches. This will have a jeep icon.

(Of course this will only work until soemone finds the Jeep TB, so hurry while stocks last :lol: )

Anyone know how to get the Geocoin icon to appear beside a cache log,as the travel bug one does? Picked a coin up in Limestone Arches recently,and replaced it in one of my own caches. Logged both actions on the appropriate site,but no icon appeared.

I recently had a California GeoCoin which did not log on geocaching.com. I believe that Groundspeak have stopped tracking any new series of geocoins. If I was being cynical its probably because they are taking revenue from their own TB's. Can't blame them I suppose

Its the SAME coin! I'm the one responsible for taking it from John's cache down here to Limestone Arches up there! Although you can't log it on GC, you can go to the special California website to log and track it.

23.gif

USA GeoCoins are one of two GeoCoins that are trackable via Geocaching.com

If there is no travel bugs (regular or Yellow Jeep Travel Bugs) nor Moun10bike GeoCoins in the cache, will the symbol above be shown in the list of caches nearby you (for example).

22.gif

Moun10bike GeoCoins are the other one of two GeoCoins that are trackable via Geocaching.com, and they are the origin of GeoCoins. Not sold to the public, made by Moun10bike and he places them in caches.

If there is no travel bugs (regular or Yellow Jeep Travel Bugs) nor USA GeoCoins in the cache, will the symbol above be shown in the list of caches nearby you (for example).

jeep4x4.gif

Yellow Jeep Travel Bug (YJTB) are a special made typ of travel bug, and it has it own symbol. It is sponsored by Jeep.

If there is no regular travel bugs nor USA GeoCoins nor Moun10bike GeoCoins in the cache, will the symbol above be shown in the list of caches nearby you (for example).

In all other cases, if there is more than 1 type of traveller in the cache, will the regular Travel bug symbol be shown, and this is the symbol:

21.gif

Canada GeoCoins are not the same GeoCoins as the USA GeoCoins, as someone here said. It is a totally different GeoCoin, it is trackable thru their own website (www.geocoins.ca) and doesn't show up on cache listings on Geocaching.com. There is more travelers of this type in the world that are trackable via their own websites, for example Texas GeoCoins and so on.

I hope explained everything...

We are quite familiar with GeoCoins since we sell them in Europe.

23.gif

USA GeoCoins are one of two GeoCoins that are trackable via Geocaching.com

If there is no travel bugs (regular or Yellow Jeep Travel Bugs) nor Moun10bike GeoCoins in the cache, will the symbol above be shown in the list of caches nearby you (for example).

hmmm ....

760a6963-fcda-467c-a535-1e3d9b49e531.jpg