Who Started Geocaching? Where?

I was chatting in the #geochaching room, and asked who started this whole thing. (I guess my love of history always points me in this direction.) B) They suggested I post the question to the forums, so here I am! Where did it start (where is the first cache?), and who got the idea to hide a tupperware container full of goodies in the woods and tell people to go hunt for it?

Thanks,

CrafterCat

It was started by Cachius Maximus in 2042 B.C.

However, the gps that Cacius used is hardly usable today because the screen got very scratched on the campaign in England. After he found the virtual cache at Stonehenge, Maximus returned to Rome without his beloved Garmin.

Brother Jeremy, from a New World cloister, found the Garmin about 4,000 years later. :D

Thanks so much, briansnat, for the info. I really appreciate it, as I was serious about the question, and got really frustrated with the comidenes who thought they would make fun of me for asking with those silly answeres! :D:D:D:D

This is the main reason I don't usually go to the forums, as there is no respect!

Thanks again!

CrafterCat

Crafter you dont have to get so mad he was just being humorous.

If you wanna know so bad look it up on the geocaching website.

Duh :D !

Maybe this is fueling the fire but even a 13 year old should know to be more polite than this. If my 13 and/or 15 year old made abrasive comments like this I would have a talk with them about both not acting like this and not embarrassing themselves by acting this way. If you want respect and/or acceptance which I have seen you asking for in other threads you need to stop saying things like "Duh." Check with your parents or grandparents and see if they don't agree. :D

I didnt know that duh was offensive, besides i've heard worse from younger kids.

Sorry :D .

I think that you're trying hard Sand Lizard and I have to admit that you're certainly quick to apologize when someone calls you on something. Hang in there and keep trying. Maybe I don't remember what it's like to be 13. :D

Edit for spelling which I also don't remember so well.

Edited by Cannonlaw
I didnt know that duh was offensive, besides i've heard worse from younger kids.

Sorry :D .

I remember my first couple of months on the forums. It takes a while to get used to "talking" online. My recommendation, and I tend to live by it, is type your response, reread it twice, remember that after today you can never even edit it so if you make a boo-boo it is online until the site disappears, and THEN decide wether it is really worth while to respond. (Of course, even if the site disappears, somone will have a copy of it somewhere so nothing is ever gone for good.)

And have fun!

-Jennifer

Thanks so much, briansnat, for the info. I really appreciate it, as I was serious about the question, and got really frustrated with the comidenes who thought they would make fun of me for asking with those silly answeres! :D:D:D:D

This is the main reason I don't usually go to the forums, as there is no respect!

Thanks again!

CrafterCat

They weren't making fun of you. They were just making jokes amongst themselves. Which is a common practice here in the forums (by some people). Don't take it as an insult, they were just goofing off.

Welcome to the forums by the way. There is actually a lot of great information to be found in the forums. I hope you'll stick around.