45 Finds In First Month!

Spencersb

Spencerb, that's awesome... What Team DEMP said is right on the money... if you get a thrill out of numbers, it's OK... I don't, personally, especially since my caching opportunities are few and far between.

But if it's working for you, then it ain't broke. Good luck & happy hunting!

Edited by New England n00b

I, too, am sharing the numbers thrill as a newbie....

I did 11, along with my 5 year old son, this past weekend, over 3 days......up to a whopping 17 now! :blink: We also found our first travel bug, and it was an unregistered one, meant for us to start fresh! Fun stuff!

I think the clip will slow down though.....

It can certainly be addicting! :lol:

And I know, there were a few virtuals and some 1/1's in there, but I also had a 3.5/4 and a 4/4 in there, too. And more importantly, have had a blast! :blink:

Heh heh heh

When I started caching in the Memphis area (such a long time ago) there were only 45 caches within 100 miles. I remember taking 150 mile round-trips optomized to score five or six caches in a day. :lol:

Congrats on your first month's achievement(s)! Keep on caching...

You know during football season, the term 'football widows' come into play, that is the wives being totally ingored as the husbands are into the games. Anyone here feel the same way about 'geocaching spouses'? Feel you ignore your family or spouse for the adventure of the hunt and find?

You know during football season, the term 'football widows' come into play, that is the wives being totally ingored as the husbands are into the games. Anyone here feel the same way about 'geocaching spouses'? Feel you ignore your family or spouse for the adventure of the hunt and find?

Take them along! The kids are great in high traffic areas as they don't attract much attention. Even doing stupid things like looking under rocks and crawling under tables. Besides, only kids can enjoy some of the swag out there. Happy caching -- make it a family event.

I agree, my 9yo loves to cache! She's somewhat limited terrain-wise, but she can do a lot of them with me, and she gets really excited with even the lamest swag. :P And we had a terrific weekend last week as BitBrain's caches led us to some great parks where the kids played for a few hours before I struck out into the woods after the cache! We all had a picnic and everybody really enjoyed it! My wife hasn't really bought into caching yet, but she puts up with me and by caching in parks with playgrounds we get some great family time! :P

Have to agree with bringing the kids along. My daughter is almost 4...she's not too much help in finding but she can take some good swag with the best of them...

My wife also appreciates when I get her out, even though I do have to dowse her in OFF! and her clothes sometimes come back not as pristine as she left the house, we get great bonding time and my wife gets 'a break' :P.

Once the weather cools off here in Houston we'll get out more as a family to parks, etc.