Geotokens, Coins, And Signature Items

IamFennec

Pretty new to the sport I'm working on my signature Item and how I want to use it in caches. I'd like to get some examples and ideas. I pretty much have my logo and I"m probbly going to use it on a bussness card or smaller laminated paper. I'm really looking for a way to track where they are and how they get there. Kinda like a TB.

Does anyone have any ideas ?

saltyfish

Pretty new to the sport I'm working on my signature Item and how I want to use it in caches. I'd like to get some examples and ideas. I pretty much have my logo and I"m probbly going to use it on a bussness card or smaller laminated paper. I'm really looking for a way to track where they are and how they get there. Kinda like a TB.

Does anyone have any ideas ?

saltyfish

You can see example signature items on Team FISUR's Geo-Creations website.

As far as tracking where they go, I doubt that business card signature items travel much. They tend to stay in the cache where you put them until someone like me comes along and trades it out for my geo-card collection.

The tokens are pretty cool, CrimsonWrath!

What is cost per piece on those, and is there a minimum order?

I'd like to have something along those lines as a sig item for Team FlashnCache!

(I used your link, but it came up as "Coming Soon".)

Thanks,

Had to do some serious digging with the search on the forums, but... Success!

Glow in the dark Signature tokens

I didn't recall how much they were and had to search to find out how much I had said in the thread above. I said $70 for 100 serialized, but I think the final bill was more in the $55 range.

I'm surprised the site is down. I ordered mine from that site. I'm guessing they are doing a site redesign. Just this last weekend I came across another cacher's token from Token Factory as well. It is a small world!

Somewhat related...

I noticed in the logbook for the first and only cache I went to, there was an ink stamp by the Blind Squirrel (group?). Is this something common? Creating a stamp for log books? If so, I'll probably look around and see if I can find one of a motorcycle, preferably a Honda Nighthawk 700. If not, no biggie.

Louis

I'm new here as well (1st post!), but from what I've read so far, if you found a stamp with the logbook you probably found a letterbox/cache hybrid. Do a forum search on letterboxing should get you more information.

I think you misunderstood me. The wasn't a stamp in the sense that I could stamp something into my notes. Rather, in the log book left in the cache, someone stamped their own logo to show that they were there. I thought that was a neat idea, so wanted to see if that was common. It was for GCC562, and left by Blind Squirrels. If you click on their profile, you'll see their logo which is what they stamped in the logbook in the cache.

Louis

I know of a few people that use stamps in logbooks. They are not only reserved for use in letter boxes.

My team uses a sticker, it saves us from writing our Team name in every logbook. We just went to the office supply store and bought a pack of return address labels. I designed our sticker and print them off on my home printer. We always carry a sheet with us. :blink:

I'm new here as well (1st post!), but from what I've read so far, if you found a stamp with the logbook you probably found a letterbox/cache hybrid. Do a forum search on letterboxing should get you more information.

Welcome fellow Illini ('92 BS GE)! :blink:

My kids and I love all the geo buttons we started to find so we've been ordering a lot from Bumble Buttons. We even had ones made up for an event (she did a great design for it) and just had more made up for an upcoming event in July.

Though we haven't made a signature item with our family's team name on one, the kids absolutely go crazy when we find them, or if I'm out without them, it's the first thing they ask me.

So I guess I need to work on some signature button. I know a couple folks that have buttons as their signature item and I think they are great to place and collect.

David

I have seen them in a few logboks myself. I think there the same ppl that do the letterboxing. I think its a good idea. I finally finished my signature item and i'm planning on haveing 1 or 2 stamps made so I can do that too. If you all want to see what my final signature item looks like then I need help on how to post a pic to the forums

Saltyfish

My Webpage

Creating a stamp for log books?  If so, I'll probably look around and see if I can find one of a motorcycle, preferably a Honda Nighthawk 700.

I just bought one from these guys: http://www.internetrubberstamps.com/

Sent 'em a .tif file, and they made a stamp from it (crudely reproduced at left). Lots of places do this, of course, but this place charged twenty bucks and turned it around in, like, three days. It's a Yahoo merchant, too (I've had really good luck with those, I guess Yahoo keeps an eye on them).

check out this web site -

http://www.geocities.com/team_fisur/geocoi.../make/make.html

and

http://www.geocities.com/team_fisur/geocoi...ge17/index.html

I LIKE IT !!!

You could use plastic discs also if you can find them - print on white paper lable - glue on and then spray with a sealer. You could also do a one sided token with the magnet on the back. If you can't find the discs I think poker chips could be used.

If you don't have a color laser you can use a color inkjet like we all use for our photos but you will have to use some kind of sealer with this combo.

Before anyone says anything, I made my Geo-token before I found out that a round Geocaching logo was not allowed. Next batch will be revised.

too bad - I like the round version - but a smaller square one would look ok too -

Edited by CompuCash

Just to throw in my two cents... I (we) don't have a signature item per se, but I've been trying to put in a 4th ID patch in the caches I've found as a kind of calling card (because I'm in the 4th ID - go figure).

I like the stickers and the stamps in the logs, its good to see the same people here and there in the log.

We haven't seen any token yet, but they look like a great idea too.

Thats my two or three cents...

POLARBZ

Edited by Polarbz
hay weasel did you say you were happy with the quility of the stamp? I thought you said it was a crude production ?  so what's the final say ?

saltyfish

I think AuntieWeasel was referring to their forum avatar as being a crude reproduction.

Creating a stamp for log books?  If so, I'll probably look around and see if I can find one of a motorcycle, preferably a Honda Nighthawk 700.

I just bought one from these guys: http://www.internetrubberstamps.com/

Sent 'em a .tif file, and they made a stamp from it (crudely reproduced at left). Lots of places do this, of course, but this place charged twenty bucks and turned it around in, like, three days. It's a Yahoo merchant, too (I've had really good luck with those, I guess Yahoo keeps an eye on them).

AuntieWeasel,

If the rubber stamp is half as good as your hand drawn picture I saw in the Wolf Cache log, It must be beautiful. Don't give up on Smithfield Sunrise , I want one in my log also! :(

For those of you who might want to carve your own stamps, check out this group, The Carving Consortium. They do require that you sign up to read most of the board, but they are a wealth of information on supplies and techniques for carving your own art stamps.

MC

Yup, Fish, what George said. The stamp looks good, but shrinking it down to 75 pixels for an avatar didn't do it any favors. There's a version on my profile page, but blowing it up to 300 pixels doesn't exactly do it favors, either.

Just make sure your artwork is the way you want it, and expect a slight "rubber stamp" effect (basically, a little thickening of the lines, particularly where they join). I was impressed with this place, because by contrast Office Depot wanted twice as much money and four to six weeks and their online preview of my artwork looked awful.

Smithfield Sunrise is a multi, and I haven't done any of those yet (for, lo, it is a lazy weasel and slow of wit). But Mowry Cache is yours, isn't it? I left a hastily scribbled weasel and about a pint of blood at that one (before I discovered DEET).

I'm amazed that cache doesn't get hit more often. It's a short, gentle hike in a really beautiful pine forest, with an interesting hiding spot and a great finder's item. It's one of my very favorites so far, on the short list of places to revisit.

Midway Cafe's signature item (to bring this back on-topic) are these really neat pins. Gold for FTF, silver for "you found mine" and pewter for "I found yours". There's a picture at the link above.