The 2nd Annual Scottish Cache Bash

Just back to our B&B after attending the 2nd Scottish bash in Aviemore. A big thanks to Highland Nick for the cracking caches he has put out for the event, and all the other ones he has already put out in the surounding areas. Good to see some familiar faces from last year and a lot of new ones too. Really enjoyed ourselves even though losing my gps :( . A big thanks to Nick for lending me his one for the day :D And I manged to keep his one safe and returned it to him intact :D . Looking forward too the next one. North Coast Anyone????? :D

The weather forecast had said rain but someone was looking down on us, as it only rained in the evening. We had wonderfull weather for a terrific event. A lot of time and effort went into this event. So thankyou very much Nick. I think it will be a hard event to compete with.

It was also great meeting so many people, and putting faces to names. I also met Marmal twice, he wasn't pleased to see me the first time :rolleyes: but I was pleased to see him the second, whilst he had a good laugh. He did help me out so thanks marmal :lol:

Thanks again Nick

I'd also like to add my thanks to Highland Nick for organising Highland Cachebash 2004. I drove from Lowestoft to Inverness on the previous Friday, where for a warmup, Thunderbird30 took me out on an 11 cache day taking in the real highlands. I have never seen such beautiful countryside and enjoyed such solitude in my life (OK, I was with TB30, but if you feed him enough Whisky and Scotch Pies he stays quiet long enough for you to enjoy the silence!)

PCDV0083_small.JPG

Cachebash was fantastic, we found all 6 on the first day and I ached in places I didnt even know I had.

Once again massive thanks to Highland Nick for the event, Thunderbird30 for doing the driving and providing the running commentary on Scottish history,The Baron for providing my diesel and Chivas Bros for providing the Single Malt!

How about a "Cannonball" type event for next summer, taking in the most Northern,Southern,Eastern and Western caches?

"Once I used to sit on my bum in front of a monitor, Now Im a Geocacher!"

Thu 27 May

20:00 depart home (Wigan)

Fri 28 May

00:30 TP0568; 00:35 TP7229; 01:50 TP0493; 02:40 GC4BE0; 03:40 GCG2C6; 05:50 GC8FB1; 07:10 GCGHJ7 & TP1286 (Ben Macdui); 09:20 GCJ76P; 09:40 GCFC73 (300th); 10:50 GCGHJC; 11:50 TP5236; 12:20 GCG256; 14:30 GCFB59; 16:30 GCJ79D; 16:50 GCJ79E; 17:05 GCGHJE; 17:40 GCFB96; ran out of things to do so I headed up to Buckie to stay overnight with relations!

Sat 29 May

10:30 arrive GCJADJ; 11:30 GCJEY1; 12:20 GCJEZY; 13:10 GCJBVM; 16:20 GCJBVN; 17:20 GCJGHE; 19:25 GCJBVH; 20:00 GCJGHK; 21:30 depart GCJADJ

Sun 30 May

04:00 arrive home (Wigan)

Had to take a few calls from work over the period including one trouble shooter on Saturday which took over an hour before the problem was resolved. Lovely scenery where I was parked up though, much better than looking out the window into the company car park!

Had a brilliant time, a well thought out and run event. Met lots of like minded cachers all thoroughly enjoying themselves. Many thanks Nick.

By the way:

Mon 31 May - Cheshire, 7 caches, 2 DNFs, 1 cache revisit (TB hunt) & 10 trigs.

No rest for the wicked!

Just like to say a public Big Thanks to Highland Nick as well. That was a terrific weekend. Even the weather stayed dry for us (just how did you arrange that?). I enjoyed it immensely and will try to get to the next one but I get the feeling they don't really want me there as they keep moving them further north :):):)

Just like to say a public Big Thanks to Highland Nick as well. That was a terrific weekend. Even the weather stayed dry for us (just how did you arrange that?). I enjoyed it immensely and will try to get to the next one but I get the feeling they don't really want me there as they keep moving them further north :D:D:D

:D Not trying to get rid of you honest! Just trying to get a variety of Scottish caching seen and hopefully enjoyed.

Would have to go some to beat Nicks caches though. Maybe best not to try. Aviemore is a brilliant place for a holiday lots to do and see and with the help of caching I saw a few places I wasnt likely to find myself. I didnt manage as many as I had hoped at the weekend but loosing a gps kind of has that effect on your caching scores, but it does give a good reason to go back and complete the ones I missed.

A big thank you for all coming to the Cache Bash and for all your pleasant comments.

Wel done to Firth of Forth who managed her 200th cache at the Bash, and to Pharisee for (nearly) making it 600 in the north of Scotland.

It was good to see some familiar faces and some new ones too. Now that I have completely flooded the local market with 23 caches, I am looking for someone else to place some new caches in my back garden. Please.

Anyway, thanks again and see you all next year?