Looking For Caching Partner/s

I suggest that you look for some caching events in your area. Then you can go and meet some local cachers and find some people who would be happy to go caching with you. Also, you get to meet them first that way, which is always nice. Cachers are a great bunch, but I wouldn't want to go out caching with a total stranger who I had never spoken with or at least knew from the community first some.

HMMMM............. I think this subject has been on the forums awhile back. I know it has been a couple of months since I've visited the forums. Been very busy.

Anyway, just do what the others have suggested and you'll find someone to be your partner.

Edited by IronMaiden

Well, if you were down here in Texas id certainly give ya a hollar. Im off work for a few months and with Chicken working during the week, have been doing a few by myself. We could have split the gas costs too!!! <_<

As said above, try to hit a Geocaching Event near you. We have had so much fun and have met some wonderful people at the few we've had the priviledge to attend. :)

Edited by Mudfrog

MacIslandgirl -

I believe there is a geocaching event in Alpena for northeast Michigan geocachers. You can go to the MIGO website at Michigan Geocaching Organization to find out more about it. Later in the month there is one in south east Michigan and a camping one around the Grand Rapids/Ionia area I believe. I live in the southwest near Kalamazoo and have been caching on a few dates. I think I've even gotten one person hooked on it now too. I'd suggest you just grab a friend and take them with you.

MGirl-

I was in the same boat as you when I started caching last summer. I posted a similar request in the local forum, but received very few responses. So, I cached alone in familiar territory for a few months, but continued to wonder why I couldn't find any other solo women to cache with (my friends were NOT interested - they thought I was crazy). I did get a response or two from guys (who turned out to be very nice guys), but, like CarleenP, I was a little wary of caching with men I didn't know....

Then I met a local cacher who introduced me to another local cacher and friend of his, and I started caching with them. I attended a few geomeets and met more people - and now I have a good network of cache friends in two states, and these friends, both male and female (but I gotta say, mostly male), have afforded me caching opportunities I wouldn't have had alone. And best of all, I have become true friends with some of these cachers.

So, don't give up - someone will "find" you, or you will find someone. And definitely take the geomeet advice - it really is a great, safe way to meet people who share your interest(s).