Cache-cadians

The Navigatorz

I am still tentative for the March hike...sorry waiting to find out if my conflict is resolved or not.

Either of those hikes sound good for April. I don't have my April calendar info yet so I am not sure how available I will be (cub scouts, baseball etc) . So far the weekends of the 11-12th (Easter) and 25-26th (kids parade-apple blossom) are out for me.

Any ideas for April HOTM? I looked for hikes we could do that no one from the group has already done, but without success.

Here are a couple of suggestions:

Three Ancient Ladies Rock Out This is about 4 miles RT in the Ancient Lakes area, but Max-X, K-Ddid, and Mr. Gadget #2 have already found this cache.

Moses Stool A hike in the desert in Douglas County, about 3 miles RT. It's K-Ddid's cache and Mr. Gadget #2 has already found it too.

Any other suggestions? How about dates? I could go any weekend except the first and last weekend in April.

Either one sounds good to me! April is very busy for me, looks like the only dates I have are Sunday the 5th and Saturday the 11th, the day before Easter.

Also, looks like I can only take one additional person with me for the hike this month, as my family will be along either to fish or join in the hike.

Any ideas for April HOTM? I looked for hikes we could do that no one from the group has already done, but without success.

Here are a couple of suggestions:

Three Ancient Ladies Rock Out This is about 4 miles RT in the Ancient Lakes area, but Max-X, K-Ddid, and Mr. Gadget #2 have already found this cache.

Moses Stool A hike in the desert in Douglas County, about 3 miles RT. It's K-Ddid's cache and Mr. Gadget #2 has already found it too.

Any other suggestions? How about dates? I could go any weekend except the first and last weekend in April.

Either one sounds good to me! April is very busy for me, looks like the only dates I have are Sunday the 5th and Saturday the 11th, the day before Easter.

Also, looks like I can only take one additional person with me for the hike this month, as my family will be along either to fish or join in the hike.

Once again, I like Sunday :):D .... Just by looking at the Calendar, I think I could make that Sunday mentioned work.....but again....if it is not to be. Just been waiting to hit both of those caches....will keep watching

The Russman aka Firenut-Hunter

Wow, April appears to be a busy month for everyone. After hearing from only 4 (including myself), the available dates are:

The Navigatorz: April 11, 12, 18, 19

mmauvil: April 5, 11

g-people April 4,5,18, 19

Firenut-Hunter April 5,12,19,26

Let's wait to hear from a few more hikers, but so far the consensus is:

April 5 (without me) or April 19 (without mmauvil).

PS. April 5 might work for me since I will be returning from a week in Germany on April 3. Just need to get spousal approval. :)

By the way, somehow I got confused over which Saturday was the March hike and which Saturday I leave for Germany. I don't leave until March 28, so I will be joining the group for this Saturday's hike. Jaken and I will meet the group at the trailhead at 9:30 AM.

Joan & I will be going on the hike. I have K-Ddid as a passenger and can take 1 more.

For April I would like to suggest Blythes Bounty and Bythes Crater. Been wanting to get to those two caches. I don't know if a person could get Upper Goose Lake at the same time or not.

Any information you could share about the hike to those caches, such as distance round trip?

Just did a quick look-see here are the GCID's:

* GC72D4 Blythe's Bounty

*GC158NW Blythe's Crater - .7 mi from above

*GCKZH2 Upper Goose Lake - 1.2 from origianl

Lots of other caches in the immediate area (at least that I haven't gotten yet :D ) may be a decent hike.....but I also like those long tedious ones :laughing:

The Birdy(s) did Blythes Bounty in March 2004. It was great - too bad it isn't the HOTM this year in March. Tnere were great flocks of Sandhill Cranes landing in the fields around and flying very low overhead (once we got up to the cache). We think they had arrived early and were in a holding pattern for the Othello Sandhill Crane festival the next weekend. :)

Barnabirdy(s)

For April I would like to suggest Blythes Bounty and Bythes Crater. Been wanting to get to those two caches. I don't know if a person could get Upper Goose Lake at the same time or not.

Any information you could share about the hike to those caches, such as distance round trip?

Blythe Bounty is high upon the bluff overlooking Blythe Lake. It is a long hike if you park at the parking area at Blythe Lake. I am guessng 2 - 2 1/2 miles I parked further North and had little over a mile hike. Problem is ther was not much of a parking spot.

Blythe Creater is on the way to Upper Goose Lake About 1/8 to 1/4 mile off of the trail.

Upper Goose is about a 2-1/2 mile hike as I recall. It is important you do take the longer route to get there. There is a surprise if one decides to take the short LOS route.

I would plan on taking a full day if you want to get all of the caches.

And if you want to get all of the caches in the area. Start Real early and go until dark. There are aorund 30 caches within a 6 mile radius of Blythes Bounty. The hikes for these are easy. You cold rack up 15 to 20 miles. There are some that are almost drive by's also.

Wow, April appears to be a busy month for everyone. After hearing from only 4 (including myself), the available dates are:

The Navigatorz: April 11, 12, 18, 19

mmauvil: April 5, 11

g-people April 4,5,18, 19

Firenut-Hunter April 5,12,19,26

Let's wait to hear from a few more hikers, but so far the consensus is:

April 5 (without me) or April 19 (without mmauvil).

PS. April 5 might work for me since I will be returning from a week in Germany on April 3. Just need to get spousal approval. :)

K-Ddid here. Saturday or Sunday any weekend is good for me. None of those dates fall on my birthday which isn't a biggy anyway.

K-Ddid here. Saturday or Sunday any weekend is good for me. None of those dates fall on my birthday which isn't a biggy anyway.

Now WHO are you trying to kid.. Any one who is in their mid Eighties and still tromping the hills like you do is a very big "Biggy" in all of our eyes.

There are a lot of us who wish we could be able to follow in your foot steps.

Well, I just looked at my work schedule...and it looks like I am on call the weekend of April 5th...I have a Fire Dist Drill on the 26th and I may go to some other Fire Training on the 19th.....so that only leave me Easter Day...and I am guessing that I will be with the family that day.....

I may not do the 19th drill....but am pretty locked in on the other 2 weekends....unless I can ditch our call phone for this next weekend if that is the plan for the next hike......

What was the plan for a destination? Watching with baited ears:)

The Russman

It has been a while since anyone has logged on this thread. There are a couple of locals who have made a major milestone cache find this past month.

CONGRATULATIONS GO OUT TO : g-people who made #1500 just before thier 4 year anniversary of geocaching.

and CONGRATULATIONS TO Max-x for reaching #1500 also this past weekend.

Great job and we will be watching for the next milestone.

It has been a while since anyone has logged on this thread. There are a couple of locals who have made a major milestone cache find this past month.

CONGRATULATIONS GO OUT TO : g-people who made #1500 just before thier 4 year anniversary of geocaching.

and CONGRATULATIONS TO Max-x for reaching #1500 also this past weekend.

Great job and we will be watching for the next milestone.

Thanks Mr G2 (belated)

I would like to give CONGRATULATIONS TO K-Ddid for getting #1700th find while in the Winthrop/Twisp area :blink: this past week.

I hope everyone noticed the new Event that will be held in two weeks, in Wenatchee! :laughing:

I'll Be Home For Cachemas!

See you there! :laughing:

Yay! Thank you for getting that set up. Can't wait to see everyone again! :blink:

'Tudles set up the Event, I made the Event page. :laughing: I'm looking forward to seeing everyone, as well. Looks like we already have a fair turnout for the middle of the week before Christams. :laughing:

I hope everyone noticed the new Event that will be held in two weeks, in Wenatchee! :D

I'll Be Home For Cachemas!

See you there! ;)

94 miles away.

Across the pass.

On a Wednesday night.

Guess I won't make it.

{sigh}

Darn.

diver.gif

;):D

Next time. (((HUGS))) :P

Now that I've replaced the clutch in the economical cache mobile I'll try to make it over more in the future.

I did apply for a job in Yakima...

luckily my sanity returned before I actually went through with it.

Hey all,

I wanted to worn everyone around this area, particularly Cashmere and possibly Wenatchee. It appears my Garmin GPSMAP 60Cx has been stolen from my car. I hope I'm over reacting. But along with the missing items are also a geocaching logo pin that was pinned to my pack. I opened the pocket the pin had been on to see if the back was still inside, it was not. If it had fallen off I would expect the back to still be inside the enclosed pocket. My unit is blue, it had my phone number on the start up page. I guess it went missing between 12/19 - 12/23 2009. I am only now posting this because I just noticed the pin missing as well. I have not done a REAL thorough search as I have been very sick with morning sickness. I'm deeply saddened by this, I don't know if I can afford a new unit anytime soon. I just can't fathom a fellow cacher doing such a thing, I only assume its a cacher since my caching pin was taken. Again, I do hope I'm just loosing my mind and both items show up soon. Please spread the word, and if anyone you cache with shows up with a new unit matching the above description could you casually check to see if there's a phone number on the start up page that some what matches 509-393-3*14. Thanks, happy caching.

Even with the winter months upon us there are some local geo-cachers who have reached some milestone cache finds. Congratulations go out to:

• Barnabirdy(s) for cache find # 6900 on 12-30-2009

• Lansearch for cache find # 1200 on 12-30-2009

• Medicrncen for cache find # 1000 on 12-31-2009

We also need to say thanks to g-people, medicrncen, mmauvil, and The Navigatorz for placing several winter friendly caches this past month

We have read the tales of woe concerning lost GPSr units. We have left ours behind at a cache now and then but always realized it (hard to find the next cache without it :P )and retrieved it. This weeekend we topped all others and left our LAPTOP behind :lol: Turns out we unloaded our Costco cart in the dark and left the laptop in the baby seat, racked up the cart and didn't miss the unit until we were in Chelan. By then Costco was closed, too late to go back.

Now the good news, the next morning a phone call to Costco, quickly returned, told us they had it :D . Of course that meant another 200 mile round trip, obviously worth it, to spend a little more money but also clean up some P-38 hides we hadn't been able to do the day before. On the way home we even grabbed K-Did's "I don't think so" which was a lucky find. Home before dark is unusual this time of year, even with the added minutes The Nav assures us are occuring.

K&A

I'd like to thank the local geocachers who contribute to this fun and exciting game by hiding caches. It appears on average, geocachers in our area hid about 10 geocaches per person last year. We all know that you can't find geocaches unless someone else hides them. So a big thank you to ALL who contributed to our enjoyment by hiding caches last year, no matter how many you hid. And Special recognition and thanks to the following geocachers who hid more than their share of caches last year (met or exceeded the average of 10 hides per person):

medicrncen hid 29 caches last year (WOW!)

Patudles hid 21

mmauvil hid 19

g-people hid 18 (side note: Koolz hid 9 which means g-people (family) hid 27 last year). Awesome!

P-38 hid 10.

My intention is not to toot my own horn, so I won't. :D

We're always congratulating the FINDERS on their FTFs and for reaching milestones, but we also need to especially thank the HIDERS, especially the active hiders, who contribute more than their fair share. It takes a little more planning, some personal expense, and more time involvement (submitting a cache, shopping for materials, and maintaining the cache).

I see the Fearless and Feisty Mountain Mamas hid a few new ones yesterday. Way to go gals. 2010 is going to be another fun year. Thanks again to ALL who contribute.

It is nice to see more milestone cache finds logged amongst the Cachecadians. Three in two day is really neat. Congrats to:

mmauvil for #1100, g-people for #1700 on 1-29-2010 and

The Navigatorz for #2900 on 1-30-2010

:o:):laughing: Congratulations to Gadget on getting his 3300 today.