Two Locationless Caches Up For Adoption

While I like the concept of these caches I'd rather focus on traditional caches. I thought about an auction on eBay since this is the only way to get a locationless right now but decided that they should go to someone interested in the concepts.

Right now this is the only way to get one.

Fill In The Blanks breaks most of the rules of Locationless but meets the spirit of game. This was one of my favorite caches.

Worldwide Hot Springs Was going to be the start of a project. Within one day of listing it someone emailed me a waypoint list of every hot springs in the USA. The idea was to make a web page that showed the waypoing and the reviews. Maybe someone else can do this. With Terracachers being a priority I'll never get to it.

I would of posted this in the adoption thread but those have regions and Locationless dont' fit regions.

While I like the concept of these caches I'd rather focus on traditional caches. 

I didn't realize that a locationless cache is so much work...

The maitenance must be grueling! :)

It's actually more work if you do it right.

Anyway, I've got enough interest in Fill In The Blanks now so I'll go in the order of volunteers (email and this thread) and work things out.

<snip>Fill In The Blanks breaks most of the rules of Locationless but meets the spirit of game. This was one of my favorite caches.</snip>

I was just checking out this thread coz I have a true spirit of nosieness!!!

This has to be one of the most inventive cache ideas I have ever seen. Ye gotta love it!

Full marks to RK for coming up with it and again for passing it on, rather than just archiving it.

While I like the concept of these caches I'd rather focus on traditional caches. I thought about an auction on eBay since this is the only way to get a locationless right now but decided that they should go to someone interested in the concepts.

Right now this is the only way to get one.

Fill In The Blanks breaks most of the rules of Locationless but meets the spirit of game. This was one of my favorite caches.

Worldwide Hot Springs Was going to be the start of a project. Within one day of listing it someone emailed me a waypoint list of every hot springs in the USA. The idea was to make a web page that showed the waypoing and the reviews. Maybe someone else can do this. With Terracachers being a priority I'll never get to it.

I would of posted this in the adoption thread but those have regions and Locationless dont' fit regions.

Gee thats a shame, does this mean that TerraCache will now have more time to spend on its new Locationless Website? I know we were all happy to see that you are going to be taking over the administration of locationless caches on your website. I cant wait to see the new locationless Site. Any idea when it will be coming on line?

Many great locationless caches had been by the owners because they were no longer interested or had to much work checking the logs for double entries. Is it possible to adopt a locless after it was archived by the owner?

Yes, it is possible -- but the owner is not always cooperative, and would rather it stay dead than someone else "have" their cache. Happened to me on two I tried to adopt/resurrect.

...I know we were all happy to see that you are going to be taking over the administration of locationless caches on your website. I cant wait to see the new locationless Site. Any idea when it will be coming on line?

We use the Groundspeak method of timing a project. We are working on it and it will be done when it's done. Which is a soon as we can bring it together with our low budget and small staff of volunteers. Thanks for asking. We need the exposure.