Does Amyone Else Groom Each Other Like Monkeys???

We havent yet had to do the primate grooming.. but Im sure we will. Especially for my son who loves to ramble off the trail a bit.

The one time that I clearly remember doing this was after my cousin and I went swimming in a local water hole which had grown a good batch of leaches in the year or so since we'd last swam there. UGHHH.. you wanna talk about nasty! And the places they latch on too bleed forever due to an anti-coagulent in the saliva. Needless to say we never went swimming there again! <_<:P

We haven't had a problem with ticks yet (KNOCK WOOD)... but the other day we decided to grab a couple caches after work and the dang webworms were so thick that there was definitely some monkey grooming going on after we came out of the woods. Everytime you thought you got them all you'd look down and see another one crawling on you or feel one crawling on your neck....<<shiver>>

I thought I'd have nightmares for days!

On the brightside, they should be gone in a couple more weeks.. whew! :rolleyes:

I don't mind ticks . . . tick checks are FUN! :bad:

Yes . . . we strip down and inspect the nooks and crannies . . . making sure none of those yucky icky blood-sucking infectious creepy crawlers embed themselves into our soft warm fleshy places.

But . . . like I said . . . it can be fun . . . :rolleyes:

Be safe and happy caching and stuff! :tongue:

the tick check is routine with us. don't want to be the victim of a sick tick! permethrin will kill mosquitoes, but may not kill them fast enough to save you from a bite. however, spray some on your tents mosquito netting and you won't have many waiting to come in when you open the door in the morning! i've watched ticks climbing up my permethrin treated pants slow down, curl up and die. it really works well for ticks. -harry