It Just Sits There

Dr. Nellie Bad

Taunting? Why, I never.

I was really just expressing concern that the prowess of our local cachers may, like the moon, be on the wane. Perhaps it's something in the water, or maybe it's exhaustion brought on by the truckload of arista capsules dumped on your heads in recent months by that Beaming person.

I hope that the picture I posted will stimulate renewed vigor in the pursuit of the prize. And if you looked at the picture, you know what a fabulous prize it is.

As for the puzzle; I don't think it's that hard.

it doesn't exist in the real world and all of this is a hoax.

I can assure you it is all too real. I even posted a photo of the log as a tangible enticement.

4b39a130-f9a7-44e6-b547-9cc58dda7c13.jpg

Perhaps I'll need to increase the difficulty rating, but not till someone finds the cache and gives me feedback.

It does appear that I have succeeded in making the puzzle hard for one person to solve. Even the fabled bebubo might need to team up.

As you know from my profile, and from Green Lake, there is nothing in my caches that hasn't been seen before. I merely refine, twist, or extend ideas that have been around.

I really think you all will like the final hide. So don't give up. Just think of the pride you'll get when you log a First to Find on an urban micro that went over a week with a blank log sheet.

Well after an unsuccessful search is a very likely area, I'm back to thinking this really is an April Fool's hoax! The photo of the log is obviously taken on fabric that is nowhere near the area I searched. Besides that, I see no evidence of a greenback in the photo. grrrr! Now that I started and am obligated, I am (need to be) committed!

Edited by runhills

Ooooh! Two people were there today!

Well 'La Tee Da' Nellie dear. See! People are looking for your cache.

So like... I wonder if we were at the same place...ya know?

Like..... my calculator took me to two VERY DISTINCT places. I don't think Nel's made a mistake doing that. Nellllliee!!!!! You cute little snake you!

So like where did you others end up? I was at one location about 6:00pm. :(

Talk later loveys,

My Standing Rib Roast is done and I have to season my garden potatoes and add fresh dill to the lightly steamed green beans. SO hungry after this little brain teaser.

Love, MGTS

No hugs and kisses tonight. I have a slight cold and wouldn't want you to get it!

Mr. Hills,

I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill and think things over. Or perhaps you could elicit the assistance of Ms. Dogs. I wouldn't want you be committed to an institution.

I'm not sure why you think the photo of the log should be a hint as to the whereabouts of the cache. I can assure you that the photo was taken quite near the hiding place, but there is no clue to be found in it.

----------

Ms. Shoes,

I'm glad you're taking an interest in this great work of public good. I also remind you that you have yet to sign the log in this cache. Surely, you wouldn't mind logging a find on at least one of my caches.

Dr.

You TOTALLY missed my point! I am not upset in the least and my reference to greenbacks is meant to show it. Not seeing any greenbacks in the photo of your log, I see little incentive for continuing! It appears to be nothing more than a roll of adding machine paper. Yes being first finder for your cache may drive others crazy but personally I would rather hug Mrs. Dogs than molest the vegitation I beleive to be hiding your treasure!

MGTS, sorry we missed. An invite for dinner would have been accepted!

RH

Edited by runhills

Runhills,

You think this is a mere container, thrown haphazardly under some foliage? Good grief, no. This is what many of you Eastsiders call "evil". It's also, like my others, nearly unique. I guess you can be excused since you've never taken my walk around Green Lake.

For the rest of you,

I've increased the difficulty rating to break you out of your expectations, which seem to be preventing you from focusing. I suggest a re-reading of my profile.

In your profile your own adjective is “Mad”

1.) Enthusiastic

2.) angry: resentful

3.) Lacking restraint or reason: foolish

4.) Afflicted with a mental disorder

5.) Boisterously happy: hilarious

ALL of your finds are VIRTUAL, nothing tangible!

You expect us to search multiple sites for something unique!

You are obsessed that we find it soon, thus publicly badger us!

I think we can find your treasure without lowering ourselves to your mental state! In fact I believe our fun will be increased by making you wait!

:(:(:(

If the Dr. was watching the Green Lake hide lately, there is likely apprehension knowing that I have done my homework and learned that the sum is {edit}. It is just a matter of time and weather :D

{Edit: Sum removed by Moderator}

Edited by Team Misguided

I agree with Nolenator - interest in this cache is waning, apparently with both the caching community and the owner.

On the other hand, my own investigation has picked up momentum - I have narrowed the number of possible location to 36, on a line between the Ballard Locks and Mount Baker. It's just a matter of time now.

That is, if my theory is right. I may be off by a factor of {2} or so.

{Edit: Numbers changed by moderator to preserve the puzzle}

Edited by Team Misguided

I guess I may have to get back to work on this one. I have been busy lately hunting boxes in the woods. Much better scenery there than looking in a residential area of town, even if it is not far from the center of the universe. Which reminds me, I have a 50 cal. ammo box hidden in the woods inside the city. I wonder if the good Dr. might be interested in trying to find this one of mine. Maybe Neil will give you some help with the hard parts.

... I have a 50 cal. ammo box hidden in the woods inside the city. ...

And a classic that is, one of my very favorites in my short caching career.

By the way, I want to wish runhills a happy caching anniversary tomorrow, despite the incident Beneath Aurora of 19 February.

Edited by GO West

I am sorry that I upset the Dr. and thus got the moderator involved. :lol:

Geocaching is great FUN and today is my one year anniversary! I have met and interacted with a lot of neat people and am proud of my successes including signatures on both of the Nellie hides :P

Edited by runhills

I am proud to say that I was FTF on Weightmans ammo can cache. It did involve alot of math, but don't let that scare you off Dr. Nellie Bad. I only have two more waypoints to set then "Something Evil In West Seattle" will be submitted. Unlike the other sock puppet evil hoodlums, I am going to let people know I have an evil side. And yes weightman, It will end with an ammo box and not a micro and I might just have to make sure it is in the woods.

Peace, Nolenator

Edited by nolenator

Thanks nolenator,

You are one of those that makes me glad to be involved in geocaching. We did find it together in spirit and I look forward to the day when we team up again!

Another thanks to GoWest for making this day public.

Dr. please enjoy this day also, I am proud to call you one of my associates!

runhills