60c Usb Replacement Cable. What Type Is That?

I have misplaced Mine (arg!) and have to pick up another.

A buddy of mine noticed that the USB cable for his Canon Digi-cam worked fine in his 60C. So perhaps I can pick a cable up in a camera store instead of shipping one across the country.

My question is, what the heck is that USB specification called? It's the little thin jobbie. Not the trapazoid one with the little nubbie guide. (very technical terms here).

Also, as an aside www.gpsgeeks.com seems to have disappeared (unless I have the URL wrong).

Edited by Zartimus
My question is, what the heck is that USB specification called? It's the little thin jobbie. Not the trapazoid one with the little nubbie guide. (very technical terms here).

There is a small USB connector that's popular with photo electronics. No idea what it's called.

Also, as an aside www.gpsgeeks.com seems to have disappeared (unless I have the URL wrong).

It's singular, not plural. Try GPSGeek

My Sony HandyCam has the same connector too. I can't seem to find the technical name for that type of connector either. I would take a close-up picture of the connector, print it out and take it with me to the camera store. Might even try Best Buy or Circuit City.

And...

It's GPSGeek.com (Singular - not plural - No "S").

Zart, the 60 series use the regular USB to mini connectors that most digital cameras and MP3 players use. I don't use the one that came with my 60CS - I use the one that came with my camera or MP3 player. They are a little thinner and more flexible than the Garmin cable. Should be easy to find at Wally World, Future Shop, Staples or CompuSmart. Cheers,

Chimo

There is actually something even smaller than what is on the Garmin 60C/CS. I just got a Pentax S40 digital camera and I was hoping to use the same cable. No luck. The Pentax connector is about 3/4 the size of the Garmin. Both have that "round black thing" on it. [i, too, would like to know what that is. If it's a fuse, I don't see how you'd replace it.]