Here's Some Good Press.

JMBella

Figured after the bomb squad article we could use some balance. Here's a great article in the Financial Times. They even mention some of our favorite cachers.

Here.

Wow, that's TWO this week I'm in, both well written. I didn't even know about the Financial Times article. The interview Geo Ho and I did for Play Magazine (New Haven, CT local rag) came out this week. Really great article, and awesome pics, but it's not on their website. :rolleyes:

SW MISSOURI GEOCAHER'S

Through the ARK-MO-Geocachers,and the USA FREEDOM CORPS have gained the prestigious Honor of a Certified Orginazation for the Presidential Volunteer Service Awards.

We can now present The Bronze,Silver and Gold Awards as well as the Lifetime Award to qualified applicants.

We are Incorperating the Adopt-a-Highway,CITO,and other projects related to Geocaching.

This has just started and the Volunteer time can be logged to gain your level of award for participation in the USA FREEDOM CORPS.

USA FREEDOM CORPS

You can also create your own group for your particular area,and or visit and join the SW MISSOURI GEOCACHERS.

after creating a record of service go to the groups page and enter JVL-887F.

There are so many places this will fit in here I just thought that I would post it for all to use to Serve,Protect,Clean,and Love this Planet we call Earth.

Untill we meet

Happy............................................................Geotrails

There is a very nice article on Geocaching in today's Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Section E (Life and Arts), Page 1

or you can see the article online at

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/living/8383588.htm?1c

In fact, I was at the pictured cache just last weekend! I left two travel bugs there and took a picture of myself with the disposable camera in the cache.

I was just about to post a link to that same article. It's one of the best written geocaching articles I've seen yet.

This line kind of bothered me...

Some jurisdictions have banned geocaching, usually because of the participants' propensity to go off trails

Could have said that a little differently but it's not bad, I'm just nitpicking. (nitpicking is a very strange word)

I'm just nitpicking. (nitpicking is a very strange word)

So what is a nit anyway?

A nit is very tiny, and it's the egg of one of several louse species. They are usually (in mammalian situations anyway) attached to the base of a hair shaft.

So, nitpicking would involve the careful inspection of every hair on the body (of someone you presumably care about) to remove said nits, so the person will at least be less infested with lice, and therefore have a better life.

It seems that with recent advances in personal hygiene, nitpicking has gained a somewhat less favorable meaning than in the old days.