Are There "use In The Case" Cases?

Newbie here.

Just got a 60cs and have been reading the posts about cases and about screen protectors. Does anyone know if there is a case available that you leave on as you use the gps? That is, one that has a see-through cover over the screen and also has access to the buttons.

Thanks.

Newbie here.

Just got a 60cs and have been reading the posts about cases and about screen protectors. Does anyone know if there is a case available that you leave on as you use the gps? That is, one that has a see-through cover over the screen and also has access to the buttons.

Thanks.

Looking at the garmin site, I don't see any "see through" cases for the 60C like they have for the etrex series. There maybe some third party sites that might have some of that info such as GPSCity (or others).

Good Luck.

Otterbox? I here they are not as water proof as they say. But they make great micro caches. Look here

I don't think extended submersion is a good test of how well it will do as a GPS or PDA case. I have a heavy armor 2600 for my ipaq and I'm very happy with it. The Ipaq is fully functional inside the case and it survived my unscientific hot tub test. Where I repeatdly dunked it and left it floating for several minutes without so much of a drop of moisture leaking inside. The ipaq even works underwater.

otterbox.jpg

I can't bring myself to drop test it on purpose but I think the Ipaq will survive when I do.

Since my ipaq has bluetooth built in, I use it with a furtuna clip on bluetooth gps receiver.

Another option would be a Aquapac, But I have no personal experience with those so I can't speak to how well they work.

Newbie here.

Thanks.

It doesn't look like Garmin has any interest in making one, as they never had one for the Rino either (same basic body).

Magellan makes a great one for the Sprotrack series. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you stuffed a Garmin in there. It is made of Neoprin and says Magellan in large letters on both sides :blink: Fits my Sportrack Color perfectly and has a pretty cool removable beltclip. It might even help the 60c float if dropped in water.

Seriously, being made of Neoprin, it may stretch and it is well constructed. The front is clear plastic with the sides and back of neoprin. it's worth a try if you have a friend that has one. i have never seen a Sportrack and 60c side by side to compare. I bought mine for $12.85 online.

Bowfin

Check at The GPS Store This link will take you to the page for the Rino 130. Scroll down and look under the accessories. One of the first items is a sharkskin case. Click on it and you'll see the picture.

I bought one of these for my Rino120 and it's GREAT. When I first bought my Rino, they did not have these. I e-mailed them asking about one for the rino and they said they hoped that one would be developed soon. It wasn't long (a month or so) that they did, indeed, have one for the Rino series.

It would be worth an e-mail to them to ask if they have one in development. But also, if the 60 series is real close in size to the Rino, the case for the Rino might just work on the 60. The 'sharkskin' is pretty stretchy stuff. You have to stretch it to get it onto the Rino. It might stretch right onto the 60. Only other issue would be the holes for the buttons, etc. But it's easy to modify. I had to make a hole in the back of mine so I could plug in the car adapter while the case is on.

I can't bring myself to drop test it on purpose but I think the Ipaq will survive when I do.

My m125 certainly does survive in that situation (Armor 3600 here). It does switch off and become shifted a bit in the case, but it still works like a charm. I've done the repeated dunking and "stand on it" tests as well.

My m125 certainly does survive in that situation (Armor 3600 here). It does switch off and become shifted a bit in the case, but it still works like a charm. I've done the repeated dunking and "stand on it" tests as well.

You should be able to adjust or adapt the foam so that it can't move in the case. I don't think my Ipaq will budge even if its dropped but I think my ipaq is larger than a m125.

Here's a site I found which sells neoprene GPS cases which have large windows. Would give your unit sparay and dust protection plus a bit of cushion yet still allow button use thru the vinyl. I bought their Garmin 76S zipper case for the Garmin 76CS I have on pre-order. It looks like they have cases which allow for antennas to protrude from the top although the antenna hole is on the R side rather than the left. You could probably get the same case I got and just zip it up partway till the zipper hits the antenna.

http://www.cartom.virtual-space.com/gps.htm

B)