Gpsmap 60c

mykc

Yeah, I know about trips and waypoint manager<_<. I've been cutting and pasting waypoints off the site and uploading them onto my 60c through that program instead of punching them in manually. What I'm asking is, can I just download the *.loc or *.gpc file and upload it directly into the gps? You know, like using easygps.

Can any one with a 60c, confirm that the unit comes with a international basemap. As this is what a UK retailer is stating in their description of it. Only I'm thinking of purchasing one from the US. This would give me a approx saving after adding on VAT of US$200, total cost including shipping and tax works out just over half of what I'd have to pay here in the UK. Dave

How much of a 'Basemap' are you looking for? I just checked my 60C it has the entire world. Zoomed in on England, it only had major cities. No roads. Basic land forms and such. Hope this helps!

Thanks for that, Garmin basemaps are usualy US or European, I'll be purchasing City select Europe, for autorouting. Following the arrow on the etrex can add miles or near misses :D on the way to caches.

Dave

Also use EasyMPS in conjunction

Tried easygps, it does not list 60c as supported gps. I don't think it supports USB either.

I didnt say easygps, I said easyMPS. Do a google search :D

sorry, was in rush to get to class. I'm a lazy reader. it's my first day. rookie mistake. :D