Here's A Stat I'd Like To Know...

flask

I just hit my two year anniversary this month and got my 300th find in January.

Here are my current stats:

Event Caches 7

Letterbox Hybrids 1

Locationless Caches 11 (lame! I know!!)

Virtual Caches 38

Multi-caches 15

Traditional Caches 231

Unknown Caches 6

NGS Benchmarks 13

Travel Bug Dog Tags 45

USA Geocoins 2

Total Caches Found 309

I own 14 traditional, 1 multi-cache, 1 virtual (ack!), 1 event.

There ya go . . . do what you will with this info . . . have fun!

I may be becoming a forum 'ho, but I'm also a geo 'ho.

Happy caching and stuff! :(

How does one "find" an event cache?

This multi cache was an event cache. It took about 3 hours to find and after the teams returned there was enough time to talk and barbq.

The first European cacher with 1000 finds was Grokky Grokson from Belgium http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.asp...on&submit4=Find

and the next one seems to be Blinky Bill http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.asp...ll&submit4=Find

To find Scotlands first event cache you had too find one of 4 physical caches in the surrounding area which had stickers with the location of the event, once you found at least one of the caches you then followed the co-ordinates to a pub carpark in the nearby town. the co-ordinates on the cache event page did not relate to the actual loction of the pub If I remember correctly it was a few miles away. I had to drive for 5 hours to get to the first cache and then I found 3 out of the 4 before going to the pub for a well deserved beer!

Sometimes, like at the event we had this weekend in the 18° weather, with between 50 and 70 cachers showing up (who could count) there are temporary caches set up that don't get a page, so the event is a find. Contributing to and meeting other cachers is worth a few points so that's a find. Drving from 6 different states like they did this weekend sure should count as a find. So that's it in my mind.