My Car As A Travel Bug

WH

I'm sort of a "beginner" at geocache I guess, so I've never heard of something like this done before. It sounds really cool though---keeping track of your "geocaching mileage." Maybe I'll try something like that with one of my travel bugs. Thanks for the cool idea!!

Environmental Explorer

Make a difference - save the environment :lol:

Edited by Jdrummerlax

Doesn't your GPS keep track of the mileage? My Magellan Meridian Color has a trip odometer that keeps track of mileage while it is turned on, as it would be if I were enroute to or from a cache.

A car seems a little excessive. I'd think if you wanted to more accurately track the mileage (since you can't drive up to most caches), you'd put the travel bug on your GPS.

If you ever forgot the GPS at a cache, the finder would also have a means of finding out where to return it.

I can't speak for others, but as for me, I park as close as I possibly can to a cache before heading out on foot. Also since I dont even turn my GPS on until I almost arrive at the parking area, I think the Travel Bug method would be more accurate.

Personal Travel Bugs aren't unusual and that's effectivly what your car as a TB would be.

I made one of my TB's the Ex-Wife.  She really got some serious milage until some dingdong back east decided to keep her.

Go figure

OMG!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):P:)

Maybe she's happy now, maybe not but the best news is that she at least had to spend one winter in an ammo box under a snow drift.

QUOTE=Wavehopper,Jan 28 2004, 09:09 AM] B) ) logging it in and out of every cache Ive found to date.

Yeah....did that for my Personal TB too. But, you know, you can always go back and adjust the dates of the logs to match your actual visit.....and then, delete all the "retrieved by" logs.......(Makes your list half as long....) ;):)

GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!! :):P:):)B)

Edited by jbhooker3
QUOTE=Wavehopper,Jan 28 2004, 09:09 AM] ;) ) logging it in and out of every cache Ive found to date.

Yeah....did that for my Personal TB too. But, you know, you can always go back and adjust the dates of the logs to match your actual visit.....and then, delete all the "retrieved by" logs.......(Makes your list half as long....) ;):)

Yes, much like I did with my Geocoin. I backdated the logs before I actually had the coin (It's a 2004 that I got as a trade from a fellow Geocacher), and deleted all the "grab it" logs. Looks much better now! B)

QUOTE=Wavehopper,Jan 28 2004, 09:09 AM] ;) ) logging it in and out of every cache Ive found to date.

OOPS!!!!!!!!

Gotta leave the last "grabbed by" log there, though. Otherwise, you can't "place" it in the next cache.. B)

WH,

If someone was to observe your RED cache mobile traveling between caches or parked at the closest available spot, could they post a note that it was seen? Or even grabbing it if you leave the keys in the trunk as I do all to often.

I did see your vehicle last Wednesday at the Cold Snap Cache; that should count since you are logging previous finds. If in the future, I am out early and see the vehicle again, would I see the tagid hanging off the car somewhere, if I looked?

V

For now, the TB tag is hanging from my keyring. Im considering hanging it from my rear veiw mirror, but if i do, ill use a small piece of tape to cover over the tracking number.

If you or anyone else wish to post a note on my TB page that it was observed somewhere, feel free.

Edited by Wavehopper