Cache Placement

Palex

I've been thinking of a cache in the middle of a local stream - about 100ft wide - which can be waded. people come to a particular spot to cool off during the summer. My issue is finding a container that is really watertight because I would be weighting it and putting it in the water.

I would also like to hear experiences of people that have hiddden or found such a cache.

I've been thinking of a cache in the middle of a local stream - about 100ft wide - which can be waded. people come to a particular spot to cool off during the summer. My issue is finding a container that is really watertight because I would be weighting it and putting it in the water.

I would also like to hear experiences of people that have hiddden or found such a cache.

The most watertight container on the planet will get wet inside eventually. Someone won't close it properly, get some sand in a seal or drop the thing into the water. One cache I did didn't try to stay watertight. It was an open wire type of box with a diving slate for a logbook and trade items that didn't have to stay dry.

Then you can always make it a multi stage cache by posting a container with coordinates painted on it for the second location which is on dry land of course.