Is it ok to take more than one item?

TeamJax

I don't mind if even one person trades multiple items in my caches, so long as they trade evenly or trade up. I had one fellow practically exchange the entire contents of my cache, but he left great stuff, including a pair of binoculars and a camera.

It's very important for kids to be able to trade their own item, and to leave something in its place. If you're not sure if they've made a fair trade, have them do their trades and then you leave an extra item (of decent value) on top of the four traded items.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

If there's no accounting for stupidity, then why do I need to file a tax return?

Everyone but Prime Suspect - thanks for the advice.

Prime Suspect - Sorry, maybe one day the rest of us will have 384 caches under out belts and we then we won't make mistakes by posting in the wrong forum. I'm sure the newbie count goes up after each Christmas and we newbies have lots to learn. IN the mean time ---chill.

quote:
Originally posted by The Leprechauns:

It's very important for kids to be able to trade their own item, and to leave something in its place. If you're not sure if they've made a fair trade, have them do their trades and then you leave an extra item (of decent value) on top of the four traded items.

Exactly what I do with my kids. It gives me an opportunity to teach them about what constitutes "fair," as well as what gives an item value.

I see no problem with trading multiple items, as long as the trader trades up.

ntga_button.gifweb-lingbutton.gif

We cache with three children. Usually they all find something they want to trade for, sometimes they don't. If they don't, we'll still usually have them trade up a nicer item for some small trinket in the cache. Always a one for one with frequently an extra thrown in.

Sometimes a majority only means that all the fools are on the same side

quote:
Originally posted by Prime Suspect:

This has nothing to do with the Geocaching.com site.

This thread better belongs in the General, or Getting Started forums.

dadgum!!! My computer is screwed up again. My screen says THIS IS the GETTING STARTED forum. And here I thought after two weeks of working on it, I had it all right again. Well, back to the programming.....

icon_biggrin.gif

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!