Contents of Logbook?

rblanda

A typical logbook entry will include the date of the visit, the name of the geocacher(s), an indication of what was traded in and out of the cache, and free-form narrative ("nice view, and saw two deer on the hike in"). There's really no required format. In a microcache, there's often just a strip of paper for logging, and you just sign your user name and the date. The point of the log is first, to prove that you actually did find the cache and second, to allow for comments that others can read and enjoy.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

If there's no accounting for stupidity, then why do I need to file a tax return?

Go out and find a cache or two and you'll see pretty quickly what the norm is. Most everyone just leaves a blank notebook for people to write in. Some people write a line or two, some write a lot.

---------------

Where am I going? I don't quite know.

What does it matter where people go?

Down to the wood where the blue-bells grow-

Anywhere, anywhere. I don't know.

-A.A. Milne

"and free-form narrative ("nice view, and saw two deer on the hike in")."

I like Leprechauns's suggestion. I think I will use it from now on. I never knew what to write but now I do.

Joe's Urban Cache

Jan XX, 03

nice view, and saw two deer on the hike in

Mary's Mountain Cache

Feb. XX, 03

nice view, and saw two deer on the hike in

Thanks Lep.

icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Chichikov:

Go out and find a cache or two and you'll see pretty quickly what the norm is. Most everyone just leaves a blank notebook for people to write in. Some people write a line or two, some write a lot.

Hi Rob, welcome to geocaching!

I just want to agree with Chichikov and others. After finding the cache you recently placed, I REALLY suggest going out and finding maybe 10 caches to get a feel for how it's done.

Also, most of us are in this for the adventure and the scenery. Everyone's opinion is different, but that is NOT someplace I enjoyed, or would would ever consider returning to. Sorry.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

ya gon'a get a date and my stamp and if I traded or a TNLN, if I see a deer or a dear I may note it. I like it best when I see dears.

for those new... TNLN = Took Nothing, Left Nothing

** The worst suggestion of a life time may be the catalyst to the best idea of the century, don't fail to listen to suggestions.