Attn: Inland Empire Cachers!

CachinCin

If you live near Spokane, you might be interested in attending the pizza party this Saturday. It’s a fun way to meet other cachers, plus there will be some discussion about forming an Eastern Washington chapter of the WSGA.

DATE: SATURDAY, JANUARY 17th

TIME: 7:00 p.m. (or whenever you get there)

For more details, see the WSGA Pizza Party Cache Page

Weather permitting, I'll be there with a few other WSGA officers from the west side of the state. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

Cin

I thought the Inland Empire was in Southern California (San Bernardino/Riverside areas)

It is, but it is also the name given to the area around Spokane, Coeur d'Alene and vicinity. If you look in the Spokane phone book, you'll see lots of businesses using the Inland and Empire in their names.

Possibly because of the confusion with the SoCal region of the same name, Inland Northwest has been gaining in popularity over the years as a description for the Spokane region.

I'll be attending - if anyone else wants to link up for some caching before the party on Saturday, shoot me an email!

I'm thinking about heading over there also. It's quite a drive for a meeting but.... hey! A chance to score some more caches in Spokane and meet some of the people we were to busy to meet during the Cache Machine.

Anyone want to pool?

Hey Paul -- I'm not sure yet what time Michele and I will be heading over. I'm thinking not too early, just to give any icy roads a chance to clear off a bit. Our tentative schedule is to leave tomorrow morning and head back home Sunday -- I'll let you know more after I talk with Michele today.

Cin

Wow! 70-75 people showed up just to see Wiz drink some beer and tell a few tall tales.

Actually, everyone had a good time and there was overwhelming support for an Inland Empire Chapter of the WSGA. By my count, 20 people are interesting in joining the WSGA, and over 40 people wnat to participate in clinics and seminars. Hey, five people actually volunteered to be officers!!! B)

We are going to shoot for forming our chapter and meeting during March so we can plan our Cache in - Trash out event for April. Everyone is welcome, and we don't even discriminate against Idahoans. :huh: - Okay, maybe Niskibum, but everyone else is welcome!

Thanks to the WSGA Officers and Members who made the long trip over for the meeting. Now, about those door prizes....

It was wonderful to see so many people turn out for the event. I think that everyone who attended was surprised by the attendance, and yes, I concur Turtletrax. It probably was just to see Wiz drink his beer and spin his stories... :D Seriously, I believe Moun10goat already paid dues for the both of us. If there is anything the two of us can do to help the Inland Chapter (Washaho...was that it...? :D ) get going, let us know. We'll do what we can. It's really great to see that Wiz has been elected president of the chapter....and see how easy it was wiz, little did you know all you had to do was leave a room and the power comes to you!! :o Also, glad to hear that most Idahoans have been allowed in... :D hahaha. Let us know if we can be of help!!

~~LadyStevenson