Problems On January 1st

Team Tate

Assuming 1833Z means 18:33 UTC, we were safely in the curry house with Bimbo Barbie by then. We didn't see any problems earlier in the day.

It all looks rather exciting... I wonder if the symptoms were anything like the time we discovered we were zooming off the north-west coast of Scotland at 300 mph?

[edit: Ah... yes, Z = Zulu Time; the time at 0 degrees longitude]

Cheers,

Stu

Edited by stu_and_sarah
Assuming 1833Z means 18:33 UTC, we were safely in the curry house with Bimbo Barbie by then. We didn't see any problems earlier in the day.

:rolleyes: Ah yes Bimbo Barbie! We have met before...

:rolleyes:

MarcB

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO shocked. We were casually perusing the photos of Bimbo making comments about how the youth of today don't look after themselves when (shock of shocks) we find a picture of Barbie with one of our innocent (well at least they were when they left our nest) ducks sitting on her lap Bimbo Barbie and Lou Lou Lumi Duck. What we want to know now is WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO introduced them. That duck has some answering to do!

Edited by LizCodd

:lol: Ah yes Bimbo Barbie! We have met before...

:rolleyes:

MarcB

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO shocked. We were casually perusing the photos of Bimbo making comments about how the youth of today don't look after themselves when (shock of shocks) we find a picture of Barbie with one of our innocent (well at least they were when they left our nest) ducks sitting on her lap Bimbo Barbie and Lou Lou Lumi Duck. What we want to know now is WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO introduced them. That duck has some answering to do!

Well I'm sure it wasn't my little Wandering Womble..... It seems she's innocently wandered right into a den of iniquity :P

Hi everyone,

I am the photographer who caught the snap of Barbie, Lou Lou and Wandering womble together - so thought I would just reassure you all. B)

Barbie gets some bad press but really she is a very nice girl!! She was the perfect hostess to her two companions. Whilst I was in the room all they did was swap stories about caches they had visited - drunk tea together - and admired the view from the window.

I think Lou Lou was just explaining how she was looking for her Ducky companion and had a long journey to the USA to find him :huh:

Happy Caching

Beeley

:D Its maybe not just your GPS acting strangely at times, in fact, it may be totally accurate. I have uncovered a 'Safari' site in the middle of the Atlantic ..............according to the GC site (map) and the relevant co-ordinates stated?

GCGW02 "Safariland - the vanished theme park". The park has not vanished but has obviously been relocated to the Kingdom of Neptune. This, I note, is not in the GC countries list as yet.

I see also that there are some others nearby, but, please don't hire a boat, unless you can otherwise positively confirm co-ords!

On reflection, I hope all GC UK cachers appreciate the work done by the UK approvers in making sure our caches are as accurate as possible! I will not mention the countries concerned re the latter inaccuracies, but I’m sure there must be some more amusing anomalies in inappropriate locations around the world.

The aforementioned location was found a few times by players early on, obviously realising the E-W mistake… doh!, amending same in the additional cache info, however, the original co-ords exist on the GC site! ....... I still don’t think I’ll find that elusive Giraffimus Atlanticii, although I believe a Sea Hippo does exist, and living in Scotland I know that Nessie definitely does!.

Regards, DD