Gps Mounts

Halden

I am considering getting a mount for my car. I am looking at either a model that uses adhesive pads to stick to the dash or a suction cup to the windshield. Any suggestions?

In most cars a windshield mount is too far away to reach easily. A dash mount may work and most GPS receiver manufacturers have them as an accessory, although the adhesive can mar the dash and you still have to reach to work the buttons. I've used a beanbag mount which was Ok although I can imagine it is not very safe in a collision. My preferred solution is the ProClip which snaps into the dash and, with the appropriate mount from the GPSr manufacturer, provides a convenient and safe installation.

Edited by bigeddy

I use suction cup on windshield with my Vista. RAM Mounts. They have a tremendous line for all GPS's, laptops, etc. for windshield, bicycles, you name it. The holders are swapable so you can hok up to the windshield suction cup then switch to a bycycle handle bar mount to a dash mount for off-trail vehicle or mount it on your hiking stick. Very flexible. Can't go wrong with them.

Good luck.

ALan